Juicy 3 vs Juicy 5 vs Juicy 7

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Juicy 3 vs Juicy 5 vs Juicy 7
O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 6:20 Quote
burnburger wrote:
Dont go with the juicy 3, they are single piston calipers, that will end up warping your rotor. The juicy 5s are good brakes, but arent that much cheaper than the 7s. I would suck it up and spend the extra money to buy a better brake, go for the 7's.

wrong, juicy 3's are two piston brakes...all of the juicy lineup is... juicy 3's are for someone who wants a good brake on a budget

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 6:54 Quote
if you want some serious braking power get some code 5's, i believe there a little cheaper than the juicy 7's and they offer 4 pistons per caliber

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 7:02 Quote
moose250f wrote:
if you want some serious braking power get some code 5's, i believe there a little cheaper than the juicy 7's and they offer 4 pistons per caliber

see, this is the problem with biking these days, people are buying things because magazines say they're cool parts... not only did the kid say he wanted to keep it under $150, but anyone who puts a brake like a code 5 on a jumper is either a) an idiot or b) has WAAAAY too much money

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
moose250f wrote:

see, this is the problem with biking these days, people are buying things because magazines say they're cool parts... not only did the kid say he wanted to keep it under $150, but anyone who puts a brake like a code 5 on a jumper is either a) an idiot or b) has WAAAAY too much money

Hey, look, it's a Code 5 for $128!!
Maybe you need to bring yourself up to date on the market around you, buddy . . .

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
alright well first of all, it says $128, not $123... and second, that's for one brake, not both... thirdly, who in their right mind needs a 4 piston brake to stop a mere dirt jumper... it's money being poured down the drain... that was my point...

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
alright well first of all, it says $128, not $123... and second, that's for one brake, not both... thirdly, who in their right mind needs a 4 piston brake to stop a mere dirt jumper... it's money being poured down the drain... that was my point...

First - yes, I mistook an 8 for a 3. It's still far under $150.
Second - a dirt jumper needs only one brake.
Third - no one, but some people like it.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 9:38 Quote
I have Juicy 5's and it has plenty stopping power. Only problem is they squeal like no other. Gotta figure out how to fix that, but I guess just wearing them in more should help.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 9:58 Quote
keenank wrote:
I have Juicy 5's and it has plenty stopping power. Only problem is they squeal like no other. Gotta figure out how to fix that, but I guess just wearing them in more should help.
You should be running G2 rotors if you aren't already. If it's not that, you need to clean your pads or your rotor (or both).

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 10:00 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
keenank wrote:
You should be running G2 rotors if you aren't already. If it's not that, you need to clean your pads or your rotor (or both).

I have cleaned them multiple times and right after I clean them with about 10 minutes of riding, the squealing is already back. I'm running the rotor it came with.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
keenank wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
keenank wrote:

I have cleaned them multiple times and right after I clean them with about 10 minutes of riding, the squealing is already back. I'm running the rotor it came with.

Roundagon:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.paramtb.co.kr/shop/upload/11316351490.jpg
G2 Clean Sweep:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.pricepoint.com/images/styleImages/D_115%20AVDG28.jpg

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
the clean sweep is a beautiful thing...

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
the five has the best bang for buck the 3 is a rip off you dont even get realy juicy calipers Frown

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
the clean sweep is a beautiful thing...

Truth! Surely the best rotor ever developed.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
keenank wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:

Roundagon:

[snip]

G2 Clean Sweep:
[snip][/P]

I have the roundagons, what is the difference between the 2 I remember reading somewhere if you send your roundagons in they send you the cleansweeps..I dont know why someone care to enlighten me .. Ive only had my juicys for not that long but the back ones starting so squeel like a bitch.. Is this why they changed rotors?

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
The roundagons made so much noise and you could feel the hole patter through the levers when you would brake. I had those with some Juicy 5s, and the brakes were great, but so noisy! Now I have Juicy 7s with G2s and they're great. The braking is so even, so much quieter, even when it's wet. They seem to dry themselves so much sooner than the roundagons.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014253
Mobile Version of Website