Evil Bikes support and general convo.

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Evil Bikes support and general convo.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
Well, we got a little off-topic in another thread talking about Evil's and I realized that there are a fair amount of people who like their bikes. I say we open this for all Evil talk and feel free to post up your Evil. (If you are lucky enough to have one.)

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
Bah, quick comment. Then sleep. I fully support Evil. They seem to really be into what they do, not like most companies, COUGH KONA COUGH, that are willing to make crappy bikes, and make them look nice, as long as they get thousands of fanboys. Evil is a lot like Brooklyn and Yeti. There's not a huge amount of people that own their stuff, but anyone who does is almost brought into a cult, and almost never turns back.

Here's to Evil, a standout among amazing companies.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Bah, quick comment. Then sleep. I fully support Evil. They seem to really be into what they do, not like most companies, COUGH KONA COUGH, that are willing to make crappy bikes, and make them look nice, as long as they get thousands of fanboys. Evil is a lot like Brooklyn and Yeti. There's not a huge amount of people that own their stuff, but anyone who does is almost brought into a cult, and almost never turns back.

Here's to Evil, a standout among amazing companies.
where's the little "Beer ?"

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
I like this. Do you own an Evil yourself or just dreaming?

My baby:

photo

Although its beginning to look much different. Now set up with an ex729 on an atomlab SS hub, Argyle 318 coming to top it off.

And... lucky me the wifey is getting me a D.O.C. to build up for a second ride on the 1st.

Lets see some more!

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
-mack- wrote:
I like this. Do you own an Evil yourself or just dreaming?

My baby:
**snip**
And... lucky me the wifey is getting me a D.O.C. to build up for a second ride on the 1st.

Lets see some more!
I don't have one but if i get the money, an Imperial set up as a 5in single speed trail bike and a Soverign set up as a DJer.

I like your baby very much by the way. have you ridden a DOC? personally, i find the geo to just feel weird. i rode a DOC and then a Soverign that had all the parts off the DOC and the Soverign felt instantly perfect. if you haven't tried a Soverign, i highly suggest it. (being an Evil fan you probably have but i figured i'd throw that in there anyways.)

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
Ive actually heard that from a few people. Ive spent very limited time on both and I definitely did notice a difference.

I would prefer a Sovereign to tell you the truth but we found a good deal so I sucked up big time and she OK'd it.

I'll take what I can get for now haha. Two Evils will keep me at bay for now, but I do plan on picking up a Sovereign eventually. There are still quite a few brand new frames kicking around, and then Ill have all three frames.

Just need to find a 2013i and Ill have the full stable. Big Grin I wish.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
do they make the Imp still? If they do I'll take two

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
-mack- wrote:
Ive actually heard that from a few people. Ive spent very limited time on both and I definitely did notice a difference.

I would prefer a Sovereign to tell you the truth but we found a good deal so I sucked up big time and she OK'd it.

I'll take what I can get for now haha. Two Evils will keep me at bay for now, but I do plan on picking up a Sovereign eventually. There are still quite a few brand new frames kicking around, and then Ill have all three frames.

Just need to find a 2013i and Ill have the full stable. Big Grin I wish.
yeah, my LBS has a brand new green Soverign frame and every time i'm there, i stand there looking at it for at least 5 min. saying to myself, "you will be mine some day..."

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
it's still on their website as is the Imperial SL so i'm hopeing yes.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:

There may be a few "new" ones around but I havent come across too many. If you want on you're going to have to go used.

Too bad but thats kind of one of the things that makes it a sought after item.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
I'm sure that's part of the reason I like them. Just have to keep an eye out and STOP SPENDING money on my bike.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
one of the things that make me love the Imperial is the geo chart. under seat tube angle, it simply says, "slack." i love that. not many bike companies are relaxed enough to just put "slack" on the geo chart.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
I'm sure that's part of the reason I like them. Just have to keep an eye out and STOP SPENDING money on my bike.
but your bike is just so beautiful...

Edit: wait, the Imperial is one of very few hardtail frames you could just swap parts back and forth with. all you need is the frame. that bike would also be beautiful.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
thank you, but but I want I want I want two beautiful bikes. Stupid iPod and its punctuation issues

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
thank you, but but I want I want I want two beautiful bikes. Stupid iPod and its punctuation issues

It is funny you mention that, I was actually somewhat skeptical about its adaptability.

I absolutely loved it set up as a DH rig, big fork, big brakes, solid. However since moving back home to the maritimes... well there isnt much use for it here.

Once I got started building it back up again but as a street rig, I really realized how versatile it was. I was pretty surprised. Im not done yet though so we shall see but so far Im liking it. Plus, at six pounds it still isnt terribly heavy.

The DOC will be the full time street rig but this way I'll also have a second bike for the wife/whistler trips and whatnot.

Sorry if I sound way too devoted but the fella that mentioned it being like a cult, is spot on.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009127
Mobile Version of Website