Need Deer Valley and Park City advice

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Need Deer Valley and Park City advice
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
Blowing the dust off the DH bike and will be there for the beginning of the summer uplifts.

There’s a fair bit of info/video on Deer Valley, but not so much on Park City. I’ve got a condo in Eden, which is about 90 minutes away, and I plan on riding at least 4 days a week during the summer season - will it be worth getting a summer pass for PC as well as DV?

Any other advice for the area?

All by my lonesome, so if anyone needs a riding buddy or a lift to the mountain, just hit me up.

Cheers

Buter

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
Buter wrote:
Blowing the dust off the DH bike and will be there for the beginning of the summer uplifts.

There’s a fair bit of info/video on Deer Valley, but not so much on Park City. I’ve got a condo in Eden, which is about 90 minutes away, and I plan on riding at least 4 days a week during the summer season - will it be worth getting a summer pass for PC as well as DV?

Any other advice for the area?

All by my lonesome, so if anyone needs a riding buddy or a lift to the mountain, just hit me up.

Cheers

Buter

Hey man!

Park Silly got rid of their mtb park either last year or the year before but it still has a really good amount of awesome trail. I've only been there a handful of times to hit the bike park but the other terrain is still pretty cool and worth the $125 season ticket no doubt. DV on the other hand is the only lift accessable mtb mountain with a bunch of unreal flow jump trails in that area. To get your monies worth you'd have to hit the mountain 9 times but Tidal Wave, Tsunami, and the new one which I haven't ridden yet are phenomenal and probably the most fun I've ever had on a bike. Although I like DV more, PC is the first Gold Level Ride Center dubbed by IMBA so that says something there.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
If you’re in Eden totally worth checking out Ogden Bike Park, 20 mins from you at most, just head down Ogden Canyon.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

I've already surpassed 9 trips to DV, so the season pass is down to realistic $/day!

I've been pleased with the DV bike trails so far and the lift service is supersonic when compared to anywhere in the Alps (the only thing I have to compare it to, really). The new flow trail, Undertow, is very well built and it's like riding a 6 minute long, gravity fed pump track - full body workout on a downhill bike. Tsunami seems to be running a wee bit slow at the moment, but the jumps are all great (would be great if some of the tables were gaps, though...). I absolutely love trails like Thieves, Fireswamp, Pointy Rocks and NCS. Tidal Wave still not fully open.

Yup, I've become pretty familiar with the Ogden Bike Park. I'm seriously impressed at the amount of work that has gone on down there.

Happy trails!

Buter

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008856
Mobile Version of Website