New DH rig

PB Forum :: Downhill
New DH rig
O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
so what are the differences between the 7point frame and the sunday frame?

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 4:59 Quote
ich3 wrote:
the friend with the shock weights 130 and has 450 pound spring. this shouldn't bottom out as much as it does. the friend with the fork did get soft springs for it and it was still crap. if you are going to pay $3000 dollars for something dont just settle for the mediocre / its good enough bike...

since when do pro dh racers use norco atomics anyway??

Then his shock was broken, the valving, something inside. I can't argue about your friends fork. All I can say to that is buying any suspension (front or rear) can be like playing Russian Roullette. Out of every 6, one always (at least one) will be total poo. Look at Manitou, some swear by them others wouldn't touch them. Your going to get an answer like the comment above how he's had no problems with his 3.0. I'm not pushing the bike, but how is it mediocre? compared to what? Most bikes in the set price range seem to have very similar builds. He can upgrade.

It's not the fact that pros use the Atomik for racing its that it uses last year's top of the line DH frame, its not a bad deal. The Iron Horse Kumicho (whatever its called) would sell way more bikes if they used last year's Sunday frame.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
truffles wrote:
so what are the differences between the 7point frame and the sunday frame?

The seven point has more freeride oriented geo, the sunday will be slacker and lower feeling, they all way close to the same though.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
Buy a USED bike.

Your 3 grand will go a long way towards getting you a top bike that's a year or two old. Maybe its just me, but unless you've got lots of $$, its crazy to lose 1500-3000 in value simply for a year or two's worth of riding. That 6000 bike is now 2500 - 3000. that 4000 bike is 2000. Do the math, shop around, and get someone who knows their stuff (hopefully you, but a friend/shop/whatever) to check out the used offering.

Posted: May 3, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
i just bought a new 06 a-line for $2300 originally around $3300

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015145
Mobile Version of Website