Vitus Nucleus VR 29 upgrades?

PB Forum :: Other
Vitus Nucleus VR 29 upgrades?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2019 at 17:14 Quote
I just pulled the trigger on a Nucleus VR 29 for daily use, ie work commute etc, comes with shimano altus gearing, absolutely hate the drive, keeps skipping out the rear cassette, already replaced the chain as it got caught in a gear changed and twisted at the front derailer.

Looking for advice/upgrade options, would changing the cassette make a difference or should i just replace the rear derailer and cassette?

Thanks

FL
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 2:10 Quote
older thread i know
but i've got the 27, didn't like the driveline at all, the front derailleur wasn't great and i found myself all over the show
picked up an xt m8000 setup and snaggletooth ring and went 1x11 on it which his way more enjoyable, despite losing some top end currently (11-42 and 30t ring)

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Alan1977 wrote:
older thread i know
but i've got the 27, didn't like the driveline at all, the front derailleur wasn't great and i found myself all over the show
picked up an xt m8000 setup and snaggletooth ring and went 1x11 on it which his way more enjoyable, despite losing some top end currently (11-42 and 30t ring)

Haven't changed the front derailer yet, replaced the rear to a sramx5, i'm still running it as a 2x10 but to be honest i'm never out the largest chain ring. but apart from that, once i put the hybrid tyres on it, runs like a dream

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009056
Mobile Version of Website