Powered by Outside

Trek Remedy 8 (2018) Upgrade Advice

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trek Remedy 8 (2018) Upgrade Advice

Author Message
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 4:29 Quote
Hello,
Ive been riding my Trek Remedy 8 pretty much stock for over a year now and I feel like making some upgrades. Full bike spec below; any recommendations on what upgrades I should make to take her to the next level?

Fork: RockShox Lyrik RC
Rear Shock: RockShox Deluxe RT3
Drivetrain: GX Eagle (12 speed)
Pedals: Superstars Nano-X
Brakes: SRAM Guide R
Handlebars: Bontrager Line, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 780 mm width
Stem: Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35 mm, 0-degree, 50 mm length
Wheelset: Bontrager Line Comp 30
Tyres: Magic Mary upfront and Nobby Nic outback
Saddle: Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
Seatpost: Brand-X 150mm dropper

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 4:33 Quote
I'd say the brakes but that depends on what/where you ride.
My brother has the '18 Remedy 8 and he switched over to the carbon frame which can be found quite cheap now (think he paid £1k brand new where RRP was something crazy like £3200), made a huge difference to how it rides.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 6:36 Quote
I had this bike. Here is what I would recommend in order of priority.

1) Upgrade hub engagement (Cheap)
2) Upgrade Brakes
3) Upgrade Saddle
4) Upgrade wheels (expensive)

FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
Brakes are the weakest part of the build, I'd upgrade those first.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008577
Mobile Version of Website