Experience ordering a bike online through Commencal in the US?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Experience ordering a bike online through Commencal in the US?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Wondering if anyone on here has ordered a bike straight from Commencal (Colorado) location I believe. Recommend it?

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
I ordered the Furious from them earlier in the year and had a great experience. It was a pre-order but they would call me every now and then to keep me updated, and when the bike was in stock they called me again to say it arrived. I live close to Golden, CO (where Commencal is located in the US) and just went and picked it up from them. But the bikes are well packed if you are having it delivered to your house.

I would for sure recommend them, great price, great bikes and so far all of the guys I have talked to have been very helpful and friendly.

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
I ordered a Meta 4.2 TR last year and a friend bought a Meta 4.2 AM this year. We were both happy with the experience. From order to my porch in Mississippi in a week.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
cwest1977 wrote:
I ordered a Meta 4.2 TR last year and a friend bought a Meta 4.2 AM this year. We were both happy with the experience. From order to my porch in Mississippi in a week.

Thanks guys. Making my decision easier. I’m looking at the meta am 29. Might be a little overkill for my riding but it seems like too good a deal to pass up. Even after shipping/tax I’d save money compared to getting a bike at a local shop

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
I ordered my Meta about 2-3yrs ago and ordered my sons Ramones last summer and both experiences were pretty good. The box on my sons bike was delivered with a hole in it and the end of the front fork had some light paint damage. Not their fault at all...They were really quick to respond and offered to either replace the fork or send some items from their store to make up for the damage. I let my kid pick and he went with the store credit and got some gloves and goggles or something and was pretty happy.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 6:28 Quote
bulldawg wrote:
I ordered my Meta about 2-3yrs ago and ordered my sons Ramones last summer and both experiences were pretty good. The box on my sons bike was delivered with a hole in it and the end of the front fork had some light paint damage. Not their fault at all...They were really quick to respond and offered to either replace the fork or send some items from their store to make up for the damage. I let my kid pick and he went with the store credit and got some gloves and goggles or something and was pretty happy.

Good to know!

FL
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
Just received delivery of a new Supreme SX. Unfortunately, the bike was poorly assembled.

The front brake doesn't work - needs bleeding. The dropper post hose is 1ft. too long. The rear shifter cable was snapped and frayed at the barrel adjuster. The chain rubs against the seatstay rubber protector when the chain is on the smallest sprocket. A couple of small nicks on the frame.

I'll be calling them first thing Monday morning and see what they can do about it.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
omgitssir wrote:
Just received delivery of a new Supreme SX. Unfortunately, the bike was poorly assembled.

The front brake doesn't work - needs bleeding. The dropper post hose is 1ft. too long. The rear shifter cable was snapped and frayed at the barrel adjuster. The chain rubs against the seatstay rubber protector when the chain is on the smallest sprocket. A couple of small nicks on the frame.

I'll be calling them first thing Monday morning and see what they can do about it.

I've been thinking of buying of the last supreme SX's from them. Interested in what you find out. Did you get a second hand one? It looked like they had a view of those for sale.
What size frame?

FL
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
vesania wrote:
omgitssir wrote:

I've been thinking of buying of the last supreme SX's from them. Interested in what you find out. Did you get a second hand one? It looked like they had a view of those for sale.
What size frame?

I bought a brand new one with the clearance price. Size medium.

So I called them and also sent a video of me showing the issues on the bike. They offered to cover the cost of having a bike shop fix the issues as long as I send them an invoice. They're also sending me a free shirt and new shifter cables. So far so good. I should get the bike back from the shop tomorrow. I'm still worried about the chain rub on the seatstay - Commencal said that should go away once the rear shifter is properly adjusted, but I have my doubts.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
NoMoreKickStand wrote:
Wondering if anyone on here has ordered a bike straight from Commencal (Colorado) location I believe. Recommend it?

I ordered one from them this week, it was here in 2 days took it out tonight, no regrets Smile They have a big sale on some models right now also...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010213
Mobile Version of Website