Gravity Card travelling with a converted van...

PB Forum :: Europe
Gravity Card travelling with a converted van...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
We've set off for the summer...! Our plan was to get to Crankworx Innsbruck which we did, get a gravity card and go from there... One issue we didn't factor in is the lack of (free) spots for campervans?! We went to port du soleil region last year and there were lots of free spots, some even with toilets. Currently we've arrived in Leogang and the lift station car park acts as a stellplatz (limited campsite) and charges 20 euros a night plus a local fee per head for hard standing and use of toilets! There is hook up but we don't need it - have solar panels! Anyone else have this issue? How'd you get around it? Can't afford 20 euros a night, as cheap as it admittedly is...
We used park4night in France but very minimal options on it here! How strict are the no Motorhome signs??

More importantly... Which parks on the gravity card would you recommend? Been to inssbruck Saalbach-Hinterglemm and now in Leogang...
Have DH and enduros with us... I really fancy spicak in Čz, what are your must dos?!

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Maybe my reply is to late: but Spicak you can (atleast 3yrs ago) stay at the lifts, but campings are cheap to there. It is a nice area. Bikepark Geiskopf is near to.

You could also go to Slovenia bikeparks. And although outside the Gravity Card hit Schokl Trail area in Graz and the Park in Maribor.

And although you seem to have gone to the east: the west has some nice options to: Solden, Fis and I do really like Reschenpass/Nauders/3-länder Enduro. At the last one you can park at the lifts as well

BTW in Leogang is that expensive at the lift? And how do they check if you stood there overnight?

If you don't have a poptop roof you can always just move into a parking before sleaping and only just sleep there steath. (So no hanging around all day with camping seats outside etc.)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009037
Mobile Version of Website