YT, Commencal or Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT, Commencal or Santa Cruz
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
So I’ve decided to treat myself and move on to something newer than my Intense 951, which although it has served me very well is a little on the old side now.

So I’ve narrowed my choices down to, Santa Cruz V10, YT Tues CF Pro or the new Commencal Supreme DH.

Firstly I’ve not had a chance to ride any of these so looking for anyone with experience, good or bad with the above. I do ride a YT Jeffsy CF 29er and can’t fault it so far, but obviously just for trail riding and not so much DH. I’ll be going for a 29er which ever I end up with FYI.

I’m 6’4/5 so would be an XL/XXL on any of the bikes listed.

I hear mixed things regarding warranties on YT and Commencal to turn around time, although how much is true I’m not sure. Santa Cruz though seem quick to sort things from what I’ve been told so far. Again any experiences welcome.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
What is your style of riding?

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 23:14 Quote
I'm 6'4" (193 cm) and I just got an XL 2019 YT Tues 27.5 CF Pro. I replaced the stock 35mm bars with 40mm bars, added a 10mm stem spacer and rolled the bars forward slightly. I seriously LOVE IT for park riding. It feels just long enough to be comfortable on but nimble enough to flick around.

It's also incredibly light for such a big bike: with pedals on and tires inflated (minion DHF tubeless), my XL comes in at around 34.7 pounds. I've also had a good customer service experience with YT so far.

Feel free to check out my recent post on XL vs. XXL for the YT.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
Mntneer wrote:
What is your style of riding?

Mainly DH trails and possibly racing if spare time allows.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009243
Mobile Version of Website