Garmin

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 17:54 Quote
I am looking to maybe purchase one of the garmin edge devices and wanted to get some feedback. I currently use trailforks on my iPhone but it gets very frustrating have to stop and look at my phone. Also, since we are in the summer season, my phone never wants to unlock due to my sweaty hands and soaked screen from being in my pocket.

Does the trailforks app on the garmin give you a heads up display when you are riding? For example, will the trail be lit yellow or whatever when I come to an intersection showing me the correct one? I am curious how this works? I love to explore but when I have limited time I like to plan my routes and when I hit new areas I am always having to look at my phone.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
Garmin Edge 520/520+/530/820/830 devices have a dedicated Trailforks app which allows you to load a trail onto the device and then follow the route while riding. Additionally you can purchase Trailforks "base maps" and load them onto the device and have all the trails visible. The newest Edge devices – 530/830 – have these base maps already loaded, so you don't have to purchase anything (although I have not tested this as I'm yet to get the 530).

Anyhow, when you're in a new area, you just load a route which you preloaded earlier and you basically can see if you're on track. There's also turn-by-turn navigation but that's useless in the mountains (works well for road biking).

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/traiforks-now-available-on-garmin-edge-devices.html

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008927
Mobile Version of Website