Best suspension fork for foot jams.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Best suspension fork for foot jams.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
I'm not going to buy a fork soli on that, but was wondering out of the good DJ/street forks which, one do you find best for foot jams ?

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
im saying gold labels because of the reverse arch. maybe an argyle. the marzos are hard because of the very small amount of space in between the crown and the wheel.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 5:19 Quote
no the reverse arch on my manitous makes it more difficult i would say a argyle

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:07 Quote
marz shiver SC?

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
no shivers flex too much. definitly a sherman or gold label because the reverse arch. it just works better. argyle worked pretty good tho.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:16 Quote
why are you picking a major part of your bike for one trick.

any fork without a reverse arch will be pretty much the same for doing foot jams. im sure there sont be much variation between all the good street and DJ forks

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:28 Quote
Reverse arch sucks for footjams. Inverted flat out doesn't work well. I like the feel of pikes, and I fine normal arches MUCH easier to foot jam.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:28 Quote
silentrider wrote:
why are you picking a major part of your bike for one trick.

any fork without a reverse arch will be pretty much the same for doing foot jams. im sure there sont be much variation between all the good street and DJ forks

Dude I said. ''I'm not picking the fork soli on that''.

I want to weigh up all the odds. Why what's it to you, if I only want to one trick all day anyway ?

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:30 Quote
calm down love. do you really want to be doing only one trick all day. fair enough. why do you need big heavy sus forks for doing foot jams. get rigid sorted.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:33 Quote
silentrider wrote:
calm down love. do you really want to be doing only one trick all day. fair enough. why do you need big heavy sus forks for doing foot jams. get rigid sorted.

You need to read his post again, he's not buying a fork just for footjams, he's just buying one that's good, and good for them. And he seems pretty relaxed to me.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
Talking to alot of riders with solid footjams (I ride a rigid, so not much personal experience on suspension footjams), most prefer the forks with reverse arches. The way they are setup provides a different balance position than those with normal arches that is apparently easier to manipulate. Again to reiterate though, the difference is mostly minute, and I would advise you to pick the fork with the best feel as your primary determinant.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
my marzocci march works well. its only small but u can get ur foot right in.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
Id say the fork doesnt really matter but the stiffer it is the easier it will be

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019541
Mobile Version of Website