2014 Bronson v1 to Nomad 2019+ ?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
2014 Bronson v1 to Nomad 2019+ ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
Hi guys and gals,

Long time lurker and today I tentatively pluck away my posting virginity with this post...

I've recently been getting back into biking again at the ripe age of 38 after about 20 years of cars as 'hobby' and bought an eBay Santacruz Bronson C for a great price with good gear (saint brakes, i23 rims, new xt crankset etc). I've been enjoying it's playful character and chucked on some upgrades here and there: new fox 36 and x2 shock. It was quite a fun vehicle for a recent Trip to Morzine around the World cup time - what an experience; beautiful views not to mention the trails and the vibe of the town and all the people we met. Needless to say I'll be going back next year, which leads me onto the title of my post:

Quite simply: can I chuck all my gear onto a newer frame - looking at the Nomad for a more-gravity-leaning rig / geometry. I already have the fox 36 in 170mm format (grip 2 2019 model *I know I've been naughty going an extra 10mm...*) so I assume that can be upgraded later to 180 mm if needs be - I understand the X2 I bought won't fit, but I hope the rest of my tackle will be compatible relatively easily? Sorry for the long vomit of elementary posting, but I was hoping that some of you wizards may be able to advise me in my decision making process....! I also quite like the look of the transition bikes and suspension linkage.

Thanks in advance chaps!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007031
Mobile Version of Website