Kona Process 134 Thread

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 134 Thread
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:37 Quote
I've got my order in for a new 2020 Process 134 frame. I'm surprised no one has started a dedicated thread. I'll post some pictures once I get my hands on the frame. The parts are mostly moving over from an old Kona that cracked. It's not going to colour match (it will actually be god awful) but I think it will be a pretty sick ride once all said and done.

XTR shifting, XT brakes
Chris King/Derby wheelset
DVO diamond fork
a bunch of odds and ends to hold it all together

Love to see how others are loving their 134's

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
Interested as well, could be my fiancé’s next ride

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 5:42 Quote
I demoed the base Model 134 yesterday. It was really really good. Aside from the brakes I forgot I was on an entry level bike. The next question is whether I buy a complete or frame only!

I'm also wondering about using a 150mm fork. One review mentioned that it would play nicely with a coil shock. Has anyone tried these changes?

reedholden wrote:
I've got my order in for a new 2020 Process 134 frame. I'm surprised no one has started a dedicated thread. I'll post some pictures once I get my hands on the frame. The parts are mostly moving over from an old Kona that cracked. It's not going to colour match (it will actually be god awful) but I think it will be a pretty sick ride once all said and done.

XTR shifting, XT brakes
Chris King/Derby wheelset
DVO diamond fork
a bunch of odds and ends to hold it all together

Love to see how others are loving their 134's

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
Ordered my 134 today. Don't have any ETA yet but hopefully before Xmas. I sorted out my parts and the build won't be nearly as ugly as I was expecting. Actually, I think it will turn out pretty dope.
Sizing was challenging as the last thing I wanted was an oversized 29er. Unfortunately the large fits small and I would have had over 30cm of seaport and a 9 cm drop to the bars with the stem at the top of the steerer. Not acceptable. I'll post once I have a frame and a build and a few rides under my belt.
The fork I am going to put on it is currently at 150 so I think I will leave it at first to see how it goes. Once the winter is over and I'm having my suspension overhauled, I'll drop it to 140.
Can't wait

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 6:52 Quote
No "frame only" option shows up on Kona's website. What was pricing like on the frame? Which colour way is the frame-only option?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 10:47 Quote
As best I can tell, the frame only option is limited to the carbon model. It's the same colorway as the carbon CR/DL, and on the US site appears to retail for $3,299 USD. Hope this helps!

dpechter wrote:
No "frame only" option shows up on Kona's website. What was pricing like on the frame? Which colour way is the frame-only option?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 11:06 Quote
goose8 wrote:
As best I can tell, the frame only option is limited to the carbon model. It's the same colorway as the carbon CR/DL, and on the US site appears to retail for $3,299 USD. Hope this helps!

dpechter wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Yup, frame only is the CR DL in olive and silver. Not crazy about the colour but it supposedly looks better in person than on my computer.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 11:14 Quote
I hope for your sake that it looks better in person than on MY computer screen. Also, if the price really is $3299 for a Kona frame count me out...that's boutique brand pricing territory

rahrider wrote:
goose8 wrote:

dpechter wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Yup, frame only is the CR DL in olive and silver. Not crazy about the colour but it supposedly looks better in person than on my computer.

O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 20:56 Quote
DL CR frame finally came in. Looks way nicer in person than in any of the pictures - phew. The shop still doesn't have my bb so it probably won't be built before the new year Frown

The fork that's going on is set up at 150 currently. I originally intended the bike to be my smaller, faster bike as all my other ones have 150-160 forks. This being said, every bike I have built up in the last two years, I have ended up raising the front end on by 10mm. I have to send the fork back for service in the near future so i was thinking of shrinking it down to 140 but maybe I just like longer forks?

What would you all run this one at if you had the choice? 140 (stock) or 150mm?

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
Glad the CR DL frame looks good! In terms of fork travel, I'm planning to start at 150mm and see how it feels, but I'd love to hear how it goes if you try it!

I'm still a little bit torn between this and the 153. I think that while the 153 would be great for the 2-3 days I ride super gnarly trails each year, it would be overkill as my daily driver. Another way of saying that is that my current rig is 150mm front and 140mm rear, and I seldom feel outgunned on anything. I'm hoping that he 134/150 combo would be similar.

rahrider wrote:

What would you all run this one at if you had the choice? 140 (stock) or 150mm?

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
Anyone out there install a coil on a 2018 134?? Ups\downs??

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
NEW BIKE DAY TODAY!!!!!

My 134 was finally put together. Unfortunately it was pissing rain like nobody's business so I didn't bother taking any photos yet. Weighs 32 on the nose in XL with XTR pedals and bottle/cage as well as a mudhugger fender and a DVO Diamond up front. Can't wait to ride it. Hoping the rain lets up tomorrow so I can take it for a ride.

New bike day is the best.

Posted: Jan 2, 2020 at 19:31 Quote
Congrats! Can't wait to hear a ride report and see some pics.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2020 at 22:27 Quote
photo

Worst photo ever but you get the idea

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2020 at 18:04 Quote
Process 134
Process 134

Process 134
Process 134

Better photos. Been too wet and I've been working too much to ride it yet.
Most of the parts moved over from other bikes. Everything worked great except the blue bar.
DVO diamond
CK/Derby wheelset
XT brakes and shifting
One up 210mm seatpost and lever v2
Old Next SL cranks

Will post ride impressions later once I actually get to ride it!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013899
Mobile Version of Website