Best Enduro/Freeride Bike for DH

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best Enduro/Freeride Bike for DH
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 4:33 Quote
Hello!

Need advice on the best bargain for an Enduro/Freeride bike that is also good for DH/parks.
I live in Switzerland so have access to steep rocky trails and DH/parks but also want to be able to pedal uphill to get to the top of big mountain trails.

Is the Commencal Clash Signature a good option?
I heard the Rocky Mountain Slayer would be well-suited but it's too expensive for me.

My budget is around USD 3000 so I'm mainly looking for 2nd hand or previous year bargains.

Thank you!

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 4:44 Quote
All these bellow would suit you well and can be found NEW in your budget. They are also all downhill oriented but adequate (not good) climbers.

Canyon Torque
YT Capra
Radon Swoop
Propain Spindrift
Alutech Fanes
Commencal Clash/Supreme SX

IMHO, try to stretch out to 3000-3500 euro. All direct order brands get you best functional gear in aluminum within that price range. Above is just bling.
Even aluminum Santa Cruz nomad can be found within that budget.

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 6:08 Quote
Process 165
Cube Stereo 170
Meta SX (pretty cheap right now, non boost though, older shock) Climbs better than the Supreme SX and can handle about the same. Loves air more.

Alu nomad also good. Strong bike.

Dont forget the whyte G170 S. Cheap, solid and can run with all the above. PB have a review of it in the 2018 tests.

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
canyon torque
santacruz nomad

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Rose Soul Fire.

Agreed...

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
SlipperySEAL wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
Rose Soul Fire.

Agreed...

Well I do really like mine.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
SlipperySEAL wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
Rose Soul Fire.

Agreed...

Thought you had a Giant Reign.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
SlipperySEAL wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
SlipperySEAL wrote:

Agreed...

Thought you had a Giant Reign.

Nope, got a Trance ebike

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 3:31 Quote
Awesome, thanks guys.

What about the Commencal Meta AM?
A bit of better climber than the Clash and still good for DH right?

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
I just got a 19 nukeproof mega for a little over 3k USD, it's an awesome bike and it survived a few bikepark days before summer ended

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Gobikenow wrote:
Hello!

Need advice on the best bargain for an Enduro/Freeride bike that is also good for DH/parks.
I live in Switzerland so have access to steep rocky trails and DH/parks but also want to be able to pedal uphill to get to the top of big mountain trails.

Is the Commencal Clash Signature a good option?
I heard the Rocky Mountain Slayer would be well-suited but it's too expensive for me.

My budget is around USD 3000 so I'm mainly looking for 2nd hand or previous year bargains.

Thank you!

I posted on your other thread as well. I picked up a 2019 Kona Process 153 for 3,000 us dollars last year. Great bike for what you are looking for.

FL
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
Definitely poke around used, look for beefy spec aluminum bikes. If your lucky you can find someone who will have upgraded any parts not worthy of DH(tires, brakes) to something burlier than stock. There'll probably be a bunch of last gen enduros and ranges pooing up, either could be a good platform, if a little shorter travel than you seem to want

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
Gobikenow wrote:
Awesome, thanks guys.

What about the Commencal Meta AM?
A bit of better climber than the Clash and still good for DH right?

I took my Meta AM to Whistler this summer and had zero issues. The bike would have taken more if I were a better rider haha

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 23:45 Quote
Scott ransom? specially if you live in switzerland you must find some good deals

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010677
Mobile Version of Website