Tyre choice

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 7:29 Quote
Need a new tyre after ripping a minion open on some flint.

I will ride trails over the winter, nothing mental, Surrey Hills and Kent mainly. What do you recommend ?

Be on the back of a Cotic rocket 650b.

I await the discussion/argument.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
Another minion? great allrounder/intermediate tyre, or you can get the Specialized Butcher for a bit less cash, Butchers are slightly grippier minions I have found, love mine to bits and leave them on all year round.

FL
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
[Quote="bigburd"]Another minion? great allrounder/intermediate tyre, or you can get the Specialized Butcher for a bit less cash, Butchers are slightly grippier minions I have found, love mine to bits and leave them on all year round.[/Quote

Ive looked at the butcher, looks a decent tyre. 2 rides in and a minion dies has sort of put me off a bit

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 21:47 Quote
[Quote="thebaron38"]
bigburd wrote:
Another minion? great allrounder/intermediate tyre, or you can get the Specialized Butcher for a bit less cash, Butchers are slightly grippier minions I have found, love mine to bits and leave them on all year round.[/Quote

Ive looked at the butcher, looks a decent tyre. 2 rides in and a minion dies has sort of put me off a bit

What casing were you running on the Minion? EXO Maxxis tires are paper thin, but the Double Downs have been amazing for us at the shop.

If you want a super burly tire with tons of grip, get something from WTB and you'll be extremely happy. Their sidewall casing is bomb-proof and their new Verdict up front paired with the Judge out back will be a great winter tire setup for you! Only downside to WTB is they weigh a little more than Maxxis but are way more tough!

Got whatever ya need on our website @ https://thelostco.com/collections/tires

Beer

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010959
Mobile Version of Website