PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
halo combats vs halo sas
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:22 Quote
I want to see which of the 2 is worth getting
chose combats for values and sas's for performance
which one would you choose?

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
i have both...spend a couple dollars more and get the SAS..the combats suck..they had to be trued after every ride. The SAS are only a few grams heavier but are alot stronger

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:36 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
i have both...spend a couple dollars more and get the SAS..the combats suck..they had to be trued after every ride. The SAS are only a few grams heavier but are alot stronger
What hubs do u have on them

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
halo,woodman and specialized

FL
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
combats are cheese and sas are slighlyt gone off tougher cheese.
get something else

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
antmtbr wrote:
combats are cheese and sas are slighlyt gone off tougher cheese.
get something else
y does every 1 say that. personally i think there really good rims and the people that say "there made of cheese" have no reason to hate them because they've never even been close to them :@

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:46 Quote
ive never had any problem with the SAS and still havnt had to true them. For the people that think there to heavy....GOTO the gym Wink

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:48 Quote
I have been riding combats on both my dj and Dh bikes for over a year now. I have yet to true them. Get a good wheelbuilder to build them and you should be good.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:48 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
ive never had any problem with the SAS and still havnt had to true them. For the people that think there to heavy....GOTO the gym Wink
I no for a fact there heavy but compare to the rims i have now there nothin

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
evan547 wrote:
I have been riding combats on both my dj and Dh bikes for over a year now. I have yet to true them. Get a good wheelbuilder to build them and you should be good.

i had the same guy lace my combat lace my SAS and i was still trueing the combat after every ride

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
Im probs gunna get halo spin doctors with them, or is there anythin better (value)

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:55 Quote
i dont know much about there hubs so i cant really help you out there...i got a spindoctor on the front and it seems ok

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 9:57 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
i dont know much about there hubs so i cant really help you out there...i got a spindoctor on the front and it seems ok
I no on the back there really loud and i love load hubs

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 10:18 Quote
Thanks for your help

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 12:09 Quote
SAS all the way i have tornados but i no that one of my mates have combats and only does street and a little bit of dirt and there slightly bukled and my other mate has sas
and puts them throught so much shit and there still clean as new!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.055045
Mobile Version of Website