halo combats vs halo sas

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
halo combats vs halo sas
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
flowrider3 wrote:
^^^^^ what the f*ck are you smoking bud, mavic rims are ace perfection.
DUDE 80% of the MTB rims I got to true at work are mavics and i have to true them repeatedly cause they cant stay true.... and they are rigid as hell you know when you run over an ant thats how little they flex... and rim flex is a good thing... thats why sas rule they can flex a shit load but they go go right back to true every time

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 23:54 Quote
ive riden many rims, and honestly my mavics have out lasted my sun rims, alex, and my friends have had bad experiences with the pins on halos..... just keep your wheel true it will last

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 9:45 Quote
SAS mate, combats weigh loads comapred to SAS and the SAS looks better.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
thebearb17 wrote:
SAS mate, combats weigh loads comapred to SAS and the SAS looks better.
I think the sas weighs like 10 grams more than the combats bud.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
photo

i run this wheel for dh use, its very good and much better than the combat

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
Thnx for your helpbut i think ill scrap it and get some atomlab trail pimps. wat u think

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 9:02 Quote
SAS as stupidly tough, the combats are strong but nothing like th SAS.. Problem is the SAS rims WEIGH A TONNE!

I've gone for the Freedom discs on the my new build, they are almost as strong as the SAS but much more responsive and lighter.

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 4:11 Quote
sas alll the way there as strong as anything

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
Well my session is done for today, by the way I just blew my back tire trying to hop up a 3 stair and land manual. I Landed all my weight(205lbs)manual on the top edge of the stair and blew my tire out, but the rims remain true. I had to carry my bike back home a mile, but thats ok cuz it was all down hill, anyways when I got home I checked the rims and they were fine and I landed really hard on a very bad spot in a bad way. So if you weigh 205lbs and ride sloppy, these are really good rims.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
just got a new tube and rides smooth again.

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
i hate the sas rims they weigh a friken ton! i have them atm i dont hav the money to change again yet =[ dont get them

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
adz123middlewich wrote:
sas alll the way there as strong as anything

Mavic are better though

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
for sure! listen to that guy ^^^

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012286
Mobile Version of Website