2.6 tire recommendations

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
2.6 tire recommendations
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 19:05 Quote
So I am looking to upgrade my stock tires to 27.5” x 2.6” tires front and back on my aggressive hard tail but I would love to to see what tire combos front and back people are running specifically on their hardtails. I would like to also mention that I want to add cushcore down the road once the budget allows for it.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
The Vittoria Agarro is worth checking out. It provides outstanding predicable traction in most trail conditions and it’s supple carcass provides cushioning without bounce. Vittoria also has an insert called the Air Liner.
https://www.vittoria.com

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
Heist30 wrote:
The Vittoria Agarro is worth checking out. It provides outstanding predicable traction in most trail conditions and it’s supple carcass provides cushioning without bounce. Vittoria also has an insert called the Air Liner.

I have some Vittoria Martello 27.5x2.6 tires on order, will update once I get a couple rides in on them

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 0:44 Quote
undescended wrote:

Do you run the air liner or heard how they perform? I know cushcore seems to be the standard for inserts but I’m curious if others perform equally well.

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
This may be an unpopular opinion but I have grown to really like the Brontrager XR4 and XR5 (SE4 and SE5 for the heavier casing). The profile is is really nice and they feel a like they are true to size. I am currently trying DHF/DHR combo but can't stop thinking about swapping back to the Bontrager tires.

Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
I had 27.5 x 2.6 dhf exo max terra up front recon exo 2.6 rear.
Vitus sentier vrx frame 140mm 29/27.5+ fork. Not doctahawk, but aggressive.
35mm internal width rims.
Actual lug widths 65mm.63mm.
Same tires on 30mm width rims and the width is
64mm.62mm. On the same i30 rims, michelin wild enduro 2.4 measure 63mm and 61mm at the knobs.
I have a magic mary and hans dampf 2.35
On order. I will try them out the width is supposed to be larger than advertised.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
I also run the Bontrager tires. Live in New England and have a lot of rocks and roots. I am also a 200 pound rider and have had a really great experience with these tires.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
Michelin wild enduro are worth looking at, good value too imo for the quality, I’ve had them on for a couple of months, will swop them out for faster rolling tyre now the dryer weather is hopefully here though

Edit: forgot to add I have cushcore installed as well for a bit of added protection for my carbon rims

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013806
Mobile Version of Website