Powered by Outside

Who’s running a coil on Bronson v3?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Who’s running a coil on Bronson v3?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 19:03 Quote
Looking for feedback from those running a coil shock on their Bronson V3. Seems to me that the new progressive coils solve any issue with the leverage curve. Can those who have made the move to coil provide their shock choice, spring choice, and comparison to their RS deluxe?

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 17:56 Quote
I have a bronson v2 with a dhx2 and the stock shock is ok but I'm running a 600lb spring so I don't bottom out. I'm trying to decide if I should get a progressive spring, everything is point to me getting a cane creek spring, the mpr is more expensive and heavier. Plus I doest come in a specific length, you pretty much have to preload to spring to get it in the shock.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 19:48 Quote
Thanks for the response bertrenolds.

I ended up going with the Megneg and it seems to have helped quite a bit. Bike feels a lot better in the mid support and some progression now so more playful. No negatives so far but haven’t ridden any chunky trails with it yet to really see how it does.

Would like to do a dhx2 with a progressive coil but waiting to see if they release the right size for the bike.

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
http://cascadecomponents.bike/bronson-lt/

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 0:43 Quote
You have to check whether it's MY18 or MY20 Bronson V3. There's a slight update in the linkage to add progressive in MY20. MY18 has better tunnel clearance for coil than MY20.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010833
Mobile Version of Website