The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 20:06 Quote
c-rod wrote:
chedgy wrote:
My Bike.

photo

And My first Video of me riding. (Just put it online tonight)

Views: 833    Faves: 2    Comments: 6

Are you running a GoPro on the chesty mount? If so try flipping the camera upside down and filming that way on the chesty. It will bring it right up above the bars instead of aiming it down towards your down tube so much. Remember to go through your settings and switch it to the ups setting instead of the upd.

for best vids i find that if you run her in 920p, it's the longest video angle that the camera has, also i run her upside down with the lcd backpack to get the best shots, remember to hit the settings menu and switch it to UPd, when you exit the menu the video icon should be flashing if the video icon doenst flash youll have to flip it on your editing software at home ( which is nbd most editors have it), then if you dont have a lcd backpack (which makes a nice christmas present from the parents Wink only about 100cdn at your lbs or local sports store ) you can just do laps of your street to find the best angle ( what i did before the lcd backpack haha) and she should come out something like this, minus the random fall and the black strap swaying to and fro, my other vids dont have that.

by
Views: 228    Faves: 4    Comments: 1

its also really grainy but was recorded in 920p, anyone got a fix for that ? theres no hd button on the vid, soooo i dunno how to do that one haha

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 22:56 Quote
My custom Transition Bottlerocket
My Transition Bottlerocket

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 22:58 Quote
I-CanDoRideTheBike wrote:
I like it!!! what rims are they?

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 22:59 Quote
tellyarms wrote:
Transition revolution 36's

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 23:19 Quote
tellyarms wrote:
Transition revolution 36's
sweet, im after some white dh rims!!!

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 23:21 Quote
You could get some white Atomlab Pimplites ?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.cambriabike.com/Images/product/atomlab_pimplite_rims.jpg

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 11:14 Quote
bighitguy wrote:
c-rod wrote:
chedgy wrote:
My Bike.

photo

And My first Video of me riding. (Just put it online tonight)

Views: 833    Faves: 2    Comments: 6

Are you running a GoPro on the chesty mount? If so try flipping the camera upside down and filming that way on the chesty. It will bring it right up above the bars instead of aiming it down towards your down tube so much. Remember to go through your settings and switch it to the ups setting instead of the upd.

for best vids i find that if you run her in 920p, it's the longest video angle that the camera has, also i run her upside down with the lcd backpack to get the best shots, remember to hit the settings menu and switch it to UPd, when you exit the menu the video icon should be flashing if the video icon doenst flash youll have to flip it on your editing software at home ( which is nbd most editors have it), then if you dont have a lcd backpack (which makes a nice christmas present from the parents Wink only about 100cdn at your lbs or local sports store ) you can just do laps of your street to find the best angle ( what i did before the lcd backpack haha) and she should come out something like this, minus the random fall and the black strap swaying to and fro, my other vids dont have that.

by
Views: 228    Faves: 4    Comments: 1

its also really grainy but was recorded in 920p, anyone got a fix for that ? theres no hd button on the vid, soooo i dunno how to do that one haha

Surely the best videos are at 1080p? And I know about flipping the camera now. I could ge tthe LDC back but that just wastes more battery. If I had another battery I might consider getting the screen. I know its helpfully but dont really want it.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 11:18 Quote
chedgy wrote:

Surely the best videos are at 1080p? And I know about flipping the camera now. I could ge tthe LDC back but that just wastes more battery. If I had another battery I might consider getting the screen. I know its helpfully but dont really want it.

For some reason, the angle of view of the 1080p setting is not as wide as 960p. So the 1080p setting will look much more "zoomed-in". With 960p you get a great 170 degree wide angle view, so you can see all the important elements like the bars, front wheel, arms etc.

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 11:23 Quote
smike wrote:
chedgy wrote:

For some reason, the angle of view of the 1080p setting is not as wide as 960p. So the 1080p setting will look much more "zoomed-in". With 960p you get a great 170 degree wide angle view, so you can see all the important elements like the bars, front wheel, arms etc.

Ahh yeah I see what you mean. I was trying the 720p setting so I could try out the slow-mo settings. But I am currently waiting for a faster running computer because my laptop wont run 1080p with out dieing.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 11:39 Quote
chedgy wrote:
smike wrote:
chedgy wrote:

Ahh yeah I see what you mean. I was trying the 720p setting so I could try out the slow-mo settings. But I am currently waiting for a faster running computer because my laptop wont run 1080p with out dieing.

the 720p 60fps setting is good too. It is quite wide, but not as wide as 960p. It's also widescreen, unlike the 4:3 of 960p. Oh, and 1080p is also widescreen. For me, 960p and 720p 60fps are the way to go.

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 12:09 Quote
Aston hill! Good race.

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 12:09 Quote
f*cking double post Big Grin

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 12:18 Quote
Sackio wrote:
Aston hill! Good race.

Aston Hill?

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 12:22 Quote
chedgy wrote:
Sackio wrote:
Aston hill! Good race.

Aston Hill?

some guy, few pages back had an aston hill race plate on and there was an arguement about his plate for 1/2 pages, but i forgot to quote and said it about 2 pages after it ha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032280
Mobile Version of Website