2020 Fuel EX, who's ridden one?

PB Forum :: 29ers
2020 Fuel EX, who's ridden one?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 5:22 Quote
Who has experience with the new 2020 Fuel EX? Looks like a great middle ground between my old 2017 Fuel EX and my Slash.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 21:14 Quote
jgdblue wrote:
Who has experience with the new 2020 Fuel EX? Looks like a great middle ground between my old 2017 Fuel EX and my Slash.

I work at a trek retailer and the Fuel Ex is a great bike for 2020, they made some really great improvements to the bike, and. they have the downtube storage I believe. as for comparison to the slash, they are really different categories of bike, the slash is treks enduro race bike with a slack and longer geo and longer travel suspension. Unfortunately trek doesn't really provide a great option for something in between the two models, but I think the newer frame would go towards to slash compared to the 2017 Fuel Ex as trek is a hard believer in the longer slacker treatment when it comes to their flagship bikes.

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 20:25 Quote
jgdblue wrote:

I rode a 2020 9.9 for about 15mins

Bike was a size too large for me, but still felt manageable. Felt quite a bit more slack than a 2018 Specialized SJ Carbon. Even though is was slack and had the bigger/wider 29ers, it still felt as responsive as an older model. Definitely inspired confidence on med sized rocks and drops.

It was really a phenominal riding bike (as should be expected at this price range.)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007364
Mobile Version of Website