Tyee 2020

Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
I think it's awesome. Don't know if I can wait to see how long it takes them to get shipping to the US though.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 23:14 Quote
richulr wrote:
I think it's awesome. Don't know if I can wait to see how long it takes them to get shipping to the US though.

Apparently they start selling in the US this year.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 21:58 Quote
I'm guessing they're going to be a little more expensive than YT or Commemcal.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 20:26 Quote
I spec’d a carbon tyee out with fox factory everything and xo1 for €4,000 which on today’s exchange rate would be $4,200. That’s a lot of bike for the money. Here’s to Propain making it happen and selling stateside.

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
Any update on when their bikes will be available is the US?

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
Tharmor wrote:
I spec’d a carbon tyee out with fox factory everything and xo1 for €4,000 which on today’s exchange rate would be $4,200. That’s a lot of bike for the money. Here’s to Propain making it happen and selling stateside.
I ordered a AL with Fox, Codes, Newmen wheels for 4k euros. Build date is set for end of Mai.

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Tharmor wrote:
I spec’d a carbon tyee out with fox factory everything and xo1 for €4,000 which on today’s exchange rate would be $4,200. That’s a lot of bike for the money. Here’s to Propain making it happen and selling stateside.
I ordered a AL with Fox, Codes, Newmen wheels for 4k euros. Build date is set for end of Mai.
Will be onterested to hear your impressions. Didnt you have a capra before? I have a capra 27.5 2018 and thinking of going to tyee next. Have you seen the forum
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/tyee-my20-fragen-antworten-diskussionen.910161/page-19

The two things that concern me are the high anti squat, but prob actually really good for my needs with a coil shock in place, and the other thing is the cable coming out under the bottom bracket. One person on the other forum has mentioned that their rear tyre is rubbing the cables.

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
radiorog wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
Tharmor wrote:
I spec’d a carbon tyee out with fox factory everything and xo1 for €4,000 which on today’s exchange rate would be $4,200. That’s a lot of bike for the money. Here’s to Propain making it happen and selling stateside.
I ordered a AL with Fox, Codes, Newmen wheels for 4k euros. Build date is set for end of Mai.
Will be onterested to hear your impressions. Didnt you have a capra before? I have a capra 27.5 2018 and thinking of going to tyee next. Have you seen the forum
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/tyee-my20-fragen-antworten-diskussionen.910161/page-19

The two things that concern me are the high anti squat, but prob actually really good for my needs with a coil shock in place, and the other thing is the cable coming out under the bottom bracket. One person on the other forum has mentioned that their rear tyre is rubbing the cables.
Yeah I saw that too. Too me al the other bikes seem fine, so just put the correct slack on the cable I guess if needed. Worst case add a zipty.
Some people freak about cables on the bottom, but we got a 5 year old strive with the same routing that didn't need a single new cable housing. As long as it sits within the contour of your chainring/bashguard it should be fine.

The high anti squat is should be good for climbing. And frame should be progressive enough for coil.

I have been riding a AL Capra for 5 seasons now. Wasn't to thrilled with the new builds of the Capra, with only one Alu option.
When Tyee came out, I liked it for many advantages from my point of view:
- aluminium
- steep seat angle
- long stays.
- high anti squat for climbing
- apparently a lot mid support
- bottle mount

Potential biggest disadvantage might be the weight for the aluminum version.

Hopefully I get in in 5 weeks or so.

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
I ordered this color btw, but different spec:

29" XL Alu petrol

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 23:28 Quote
I'm 178cm tall (5'10) with a 82cm inseam (32") and can't decide between a medium or large Tyee 27.5. Any advice on sizing?

My current Specialized Enduro M has a 431 reach paired with a 50mm stem. Steaded position is OK but I had like it to be 2cm longer when descending. Thus a medium seems good but should a go for a larger reach to compensate for the 2° slacker head angle?

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 3:47 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
I ordered this color btw, but different spec:

29" XL Alu petrol


How tall are you brother, if you don't mind me asking? I am straddling the L and XL.... Frown

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 5:04 Quote
Biking-sam-86 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
I ordered this color btw, but different spec:

29" XL Alu petrol


How tall are you brother, if you don't mind me asking? I am straddling the L and XL.... Frown

I'm 182cm (6ft), with a 90cm inseam (35"). No joke, I'm all leg, no torsoBlank Stare .

I ordered an L. The XL was just a picture I copied from someone on the German forum. I just compared the geo to my existing bike: an 2015 Capra L. The Tyee L should be larger overall in the places where I am looking for some increase.

I just have to see if it works out.

The guys that did test: https://www.mtb-news.de/news/neues-propain-tyee-2020-test/#Fazit_Propain_Tyee
They tested an L and are slightly taller then me. (see the "testerprofile" in the bottom)

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Biking-sam-86 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
I ordered this color btw, but different spec:

29" XL Alu petrol


How tall are you brother, if you don't mind me asking? I am straddling the L and XL.... Frown

I'm 182cm (6ft), with a 90cm inseam (35"). No joke, I'm all leg, no torsoBlank Stare .

I ordered an L. The XL was just a picture I copied from someone on the German forum. I just compared the geo to my existing bike: an 2015 Capra L. The Tyee L should be larger overall in the places where I am looking for some increase.

I just have to see if it works out.

The guys that did test: https://www.mtb-news.de/news/neues-propain-tyee-2020-test/#Fazit_Propain_Tyee
They tested an L and are slightly taller then me. (see the "testerprofile" in the bottom)


Thank you ! Haha stick a 200mm plus dropper on for those limbs.

Compared to my existing bike the L is still a (small ish) step up. Was mainly considering the XL to be future proof against ever lengthening reaches!

Article summary very handy, cheers.

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
FYI, mine had original production date 29.05.2020, but it has been shipped before the weekend. Now in transit with DHL. So Propain is on track!tup

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007824
Mobile Version of Website