Tyee 2020

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 5:11 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
domem wrote:
So I thought about rebuilding my 2021 tyee CF 29 as a mullet and I was wondering if I can buy a 650b rear end or if anyone has rebuilt it as a mullet before?
Help would be appreciated
dome
Remy M has a mullet set-up, but with a 29 rear-end. What also makes more sense to be btw.
Yeah I saw that I’ll look into it maybe I’ll try.
Thanks

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 6:03 Quote
Hello, I have a tyee 27,5" 2020 year and currently I am runing a superdeluxe ultimate coil shock on it and would like to change to superdeluxe ultimate air shock. Which compression and rebound tune is best for tyee, MM, LL, etc. Could someone who has the same shock please check which tune comes on the shock that came with the frame?

Got an answer from propain, they use M/M tune on their shocks!

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 19:59 Quote
I am giving serious thought into building up a Tyee or an Insurgent for my next ride.
Does any one have experience with both? How do they compare?
Would you call the Tyee poppy and playful? Thinking about possibly doing mullet build like previously discussed but at that point should i just get the spindrift. If I did build it a a mullet, i would prefer to keep the shorter chainstays of the 27.5 so may run into some issues since RM mulleted his on a 29r. Lots here but any info would be helpful. Memeber for several years, this might be my first post

Posted: Mar 15, 2022 at 4:57 Quote
Tyee or spindrift?
Hello, I have ordered a spindrift but now I have a big doubt about it. I do enduro with a lot of stones, 2-3mt jumps and also climbs. The spindrift should arrive at the and of May but now I'm thinking that it could be a too much heavy or big for the use. I go in bikepark 2 weeks per year.
Help me please

Posted: Mar 15, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
Francescofiore wrote:
Tyee or spindrift?
Hello, I have ordered a spindrift but now I have a big doubt about it. I do enduro with a lot of stones, 2-3mt jumps and also climbs. The spindrift should arrive at the and of May but now I'm thinking that it could be a too much heavy or big for the use. I go in bikepark 2 weeks per year.
Help me please
I have a SD on order and have a Tyee now. It will replace both my Tyee and DH bike. There is hardly any weight difference between a Tyee and SD if specced with same components.
Tyee is already super capable, but if you ride enough rough and steep trails a SD is not a bad choice, especially when you also intent to use it in a bikepark.

I expect the SD even to be good enough for an occasional enduro race, because of propains suspension design. Although for 100% racing a Tyee might be the faster option, with giving up some comfort in comparison.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
Hey guys, for anyone in the UK did you know there is a guy dealing with service related issues and support?

it is adam.dawson @ propain-bikes.com

Big Grin

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
This is good info! Thank you.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 2:54 Quote
stingmered wrote:
This is good info! Thank you.

They are also opening up a UK Service center - this guy is heading it up. Smile Should become easier to get parts and resolve issues. Smile

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 1:51 Quote
Are they able to assit with querys around bikes being sent to the uk?

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 0:34 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:

Only one way to find out. Smile

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 1:28 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
Bmg1 wrote:

Only one way to find out. Smile
Good point!

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 3:38 Quote
Anyone know where you can get hold of spare frame bearings for a 2020 Tyee AL? Propain don't seem to have them available on the website.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 3:57 Quote
timsim07 wrote:
Anyone know where you can get hold of spare frame bearings for a 2020 Tyee AL? Propain don't seem to have them available on the website.

www.wychbearings.co.uk

The bearing details are on the exploded diagram:
https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/09/Tyee_AL_2020_ExplodedView_V6.pdf

Big Grin

Posted: Apr 27, 2022 at 1:25 Quote
hi guys,

anyone else here running Rockshox rear coil damper and finding the spring rate suggestion on Propain website ridiculously off ?
For my weight they were suggesting 450lbs but with that I was getting almost to 40% sag in the rear with full preload (5 turns in right?)

then I have got the 500lbs spring and seems still on the softer side for me.
I am just wondering because it feels like I can bottom out quite easily on not that big of hits and wanted to know if anyone has similar experience.

I have ordered 600lb spring just to test this further, which is suggested by Propain to be for rider 20kg heavier than me, but I want to be ready for park season..

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2022 at 1:32 Quote
koan91 wrote:
hi guys,

anyone else here running Rockshox rear coil damper and finding the spring rate suggestion on Propain website ridiculously off ?
For my weight they were suggesting 450lbs but with that I was getting almost to 40% sag in the rear with full preload (5 turns in right?)

then I have got the 500lbs spring and seems still on the softer side for me.
I am just wondering because it feels like I can bottom out quite easily on not that big of hits and wanted to know if anyone has similar experience.

I have ordered 600lb spring just to test this further, which is suggested by Propain to be for rider 20kg heavier than me, but I want to be ready for park season..

Personal question - how heavy are you? lol

I am around 83-85kg and have been running a sprindex, i have settled on 545lb, 4 clicks of compression & rebound, but litterally just enough preload to stop the spring from rattling, plus 3/4 of a turn.

More preload = less SAG, less preload = more SAG.

Also how are you testing the SAG? It might not be efficient

I would have a play before taking the leap for a heavier spring. Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013443
Mobile Version of Website