Tyee 2020

Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 10:27 Quote
I actually never did a single ride on the stock acros headset. I installed a works 1 degree as soon as I got it. I exaggerated a little, I maybe did like 5 rides, but here all the trails are an *average* 30-40% grade, at least as per strava. So I need all the reach I can get. I think if I would've gotten an XL I might've liked it a little more. I also did the 3d printed cable guide file off of thingyverse. Worked ok. But could never keep myself from occasionally snagging the lines with my crank.

Also, if you only want a half degree angleset, you could just throw in a 180mm air shaft in and that'll get you there. won't change the BB much

photo

Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 11:24 Quote
GunnarGunnarGunnar wrote:
I actually never did a single ride on the stock acros headset. I installed a works 1 degree as soon as I got it. I exaggerated a little, I maybe did like 5 rides, but here all the trails are an *average* 30-40% grade, at least as per strava. So I need all the reach I can get. I think if I would've gotten an XL I might've liked it a little more. I also did the 3d printed cable guide file off of thingyverse. Worked ok. But could never keep myself from occasionally snagging the lines with my crank.

Also, if you only want a half degree angleset, you could just throw in a 180mm air shaft in and that'll get you there. won't change the BB much

photo

what headset brand/ref did you use? might be handy in the future

Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 14:50 Quote
I got a works. 365 cycle typically has them pretty cheap, for this one I ended up ordering it from the works uk site and paying international shipping, even after the pound to usd conversion it still came out cheaper at about $80

Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 4:29 Quote
I got a works. 365 cycle typically has them pretty cheap, for this one I ended up ordering it from the works uk site and paying international shipping, even after the pound to usd conversion it still came out cheaper at about $80

What size works headset is compatible with the Tyee? Plan on replacing this Acros headset that came with the bike.

Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 5:27 Quote
The 3D printed cable guide was way worse for me, after installing it I had the issues with the shifter cable being in contact with the tire. It was way too stiff I guess, reverted back to the stock bridge and cable ties on the chainstays which works flawless for me.

Adding vhs 2 tape worked great for me to get rid of the noise in most situations. I still have some noise when it gets really rough, but I'm not sure yet if it's still the chain hitting the frame somewhere or the chain making sound on the chainring/ cranks. I will test with some more slapper tape on the frame once my dislocated collarbone is healed in a couple of weeks.
if you guys are interested, here on mtb-news I have a comparison video of my Tyee with vhs tape and a stock Tyee. Both GX group and same chain length, only difference is wheel size and the chainstay protection. My derailleur is even a year longer in use
https://videos.mtb-news.de/55659/tyee_5_al_vhs_tape_vs_original

Posted: Aug 21, 2023 at 9:41 Quote
the cable routing and the stock chainstay protector are the most glaring issues, but for me it was the geo. 65 degree HA and a reach and bottom bracket height straight out of 2012 just wasn’t for me, especially considering it’s supposed to be an enduro bike. I ran a 1 degree angleset and it wasn’t bad but of course the reach got even shorter to the point where my large could hardly compare to a modern medium
propain Tye has 64,5 head angle and 455mm reach in size "M". I found this perfect geometry for me ( my height is ~178cm). But i dont like tye weight and rides like big downhill bike

Posted: Aug 23, 2023 at 23:51 Quote
Trying to sort replacement frame bearings for my 2020 Tyee but after talking to propain the options that fit the frame are out of stock. Anyone know the specs and/or where I can order the right parts?

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2023 at 4:36 Quote
I wanted to order some spares a few weeks ago and also found that Propain was out. I measured them up and ordered what I think is correct from Enduro bearings. However, I have NOT test fit them yet. I can't guarantee these are right so take your own measurements!!

What I ordered is:

Six (x6) 6902 LLU MAX-E (Extened race bearings):
https://cycling.endurobearings.com/products/6902-llu-max-e

Two (x2) 7902 2RS MAX (Angular Contact)
https://cycling.endurobearings.com/products/7902-2rs-max

It's possible that the two are not angular contact bearings, but instead 6902 2RS radial ball bearings. I haven't pulled the bearings yet to check.

Not sure if this company is legit, but they seem to have a kit: https://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/product/propain-tyee-cf-2020-2023-frame-bearing-kit/

Hopefully this helps your hunting!

Posted: Aug 25, 2023 at 2:03 Quote
Thanks for the help! Have ordered the AL kit from the site you mentioned

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2023 at 2:25 Quote
Has anyone with an EXT Storia fitted got any base settings they can share? I've just picked up a Storia to swap out my RS SD. Big Grin

Posted: Sep 7, 2023 at 7:09 Quote
Hello guys
I have a Propain tyee al 27.5 and I decided to put a marzocchi bomber cr coil shock on it as the rockshox deluxe select is a bit trash.
After a couple of spring rate calculators and a call to my local shop I decided to go with a 350lbs spring as I only weight 60kg / 135lbs with gear. I was bottoming out even after a small bunnyhop so I went for a harder coil. Three coils later, I have a 550lbs coil at about 20-22% sag. It rides fairly well but it still bottoms out quite easily (not on every drop but it doesn’t take much). Does anyone know what could be the cause? I seem to be riding a way harder spring than most people my weight.
Could it be the marzocchi?

I should also mention that I use the rubber bumper as an I ring to see how much travel I have used. Is it possible that the shock sends the bumper up at quick compressions without actually bottoming out?

Posted: Sep 7, 2023 at 8:39 Quote
Apo-Kourt wrote:
Hello guys
I have a Propain tyee al 27.5 and I decided to put a marzocchi bomber cr coil shock on it as the rockshox deluxe select is a bit trash.
After a couple of spring rate calculators and a call to my local shop I decided to go with a 350lbs spring as I only weight 60kg / 135lbs with gear. I was bottoming out even after a small bunnyhop so I went for a harder coil. Three coils later, I have a 550lbs coil at about 20-22% sag. It rides fairly well but it still bottoms out quite easily (not on every drop but it doesn’t take much). Does anyone know what could be the cause? I seem to be riding a way harder spring than most people my weight.
Could it be the marzocchi?

I should also mention that I use the rubber bumper as an I ring to see how much travel I have used. Is it possible that the shock sends the bumper up at quick compressions without actually bottoming out?

I run a 500lb spring on my DVO Jade X and haven't bottomed out yet. I'm 175lb-180lb kitted.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 2:06 Quote
Hey guys, has anyone installed an Angle HeadSet on their Tyee? How far did you go, and what did it it do to the BB drop?

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 7:21 Quote
I installed a -1 degree headset. I prefer a slack trail bike as I ride my DH bike more than my trail bike. I honestly don’t know in numbers what it did to my bb height. I can’t feel a difference. No more pedal strikes than normal. I did go to 165mm cranks before I put the angle set in.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 7:44 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
I installed a -1 degree headset. I prefer a slack trail bike as I ride my DH bike more than my trail bike. I honestly don’t know in numbers what it did to my bb height. I can’t feel a difference. No more pedal strikes than normal. I did go to 165mm cranks before I put the angle set in.

Good enough for me! Smile Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012872
Mobile Version of Website