Tyee 2020

| Next Page
Author Message
O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2023 at 8:22 Quote
I put a -1 on mine to try out. I measured that the HA changed from 64.4 to 63.8. BB height changed from 339 to 336 mm. Haven't been able to ride much since putting it in.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2023 at 1:57 Quote
nathanawebster wrote:
I put a -1 on mine to try out. I measured that the HA changed from 64.4 to 63.8. BB height changed from 339 to 336 mm. Haven't been able to ride much since putting it in.

Cheers dude!

I installed a -1 (Works Commonents headset) last night, wheelbase is 15mm longer, and depending on the app the headangle is between 62.7 and 63.8 (like you say). I haven't ridden it, however looks good and feels well balanced when trackstanding in the garage, and will hopefully stop me from wanting to buy a new bike for a while. Cool

Posted: Nov 15, 2023 at 4:33 Quote
Apo-Kourt wrote:
Hello guys
I have a Propain tyee al 27.5 and I decided to put a marzocchi bomber cr coil shock on it as the rockshox deluxe select is a bit trash.
After a couple of spring rate calculators and a call to my local shop I decided to go with a 350lbs spring as I only weight 60kg / 135lbs with gear. I was bottoming out even after a small bunnyhop so I went for a harder coil. Three coils later, I have a 550lbs coil at about 20-22% sag. It rides fairly well but it still bottoms out quite easily (not on every drop but it doesn’t take much). Does anyone know what could be the cause? I seem to be riding a way harder spring than most people my weight.
Could it be the marzocchi?

185lbs kitted, I run a 600lb SAR spring on dhx2 with hsc halfway open, I bottom out regularly, but it’s never harsh. I have around 30% sag with this setup. Tyee cf5 29

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2023 at 11:12 Quote
nathanawebster wrote:
Got out on a first ride on my new Propain Tyee CF. Nothing special, just a workhorse build. Wanted to share to expand the hive mind knowledge about building these things. I'll share a few details on the build which might be helpful.

Size large frame, 34" inseam. Using a 180 Oneup dropper (because I had it laying around) which is 80-85mm above the clamp. It looks like I could get away with a 210 Oneup, maybe, just barely, a 213 Bike Yoke Revive.

Rear shock is a Cane Creek Kitsuma. I wasn't sure if this would fit because it sounds like the Cane Creek DB IL has fitment issues. No problems with the Kitsuma. I'm 165 lbs (75 kg) and chose a 550 lb spring because I didn't believe the Propain recommendation. After my first ride, it feels like its just slightly under-sprung. I might end up going with 600 lb. I don't know where Propain is getting their spring rate recommendations but they are way off.

Running the RWC needle bearings in the shock eyelets. I've had good luck with them in the past. No issues during installation other than the upper shock bolt was a few thou too large diameter when I got it. Chucked it up in a drill and gave it a light sanding to fix it up.

Everything else in the build was pretty uneventful. Coming off a 2018 RM Altitude which treated me well. Hopefully this one does too.



2022 Propain Tyee first ride

Does the 210 OneUp slam or at least come close? Can’t find info on this anywhere! Thank you much

Posted: Nov 19, 2023 at 2:52 Quote
twofoursix wrote:
nathanawebster wrote:
Got out on a first ride on my new Propain Tyee CF. Nothing special, just a workhorse build. Wanted to share to expand the hive mind knowledge about building these things. I'll share a few details on the build which might be helpful.

Size large frame, 34" inseam. Using a 180 Oneup dropper (because I had it laying around) which is 80-85mm above the clamp. It looks like I could get away with a 210 Oneup, maybe, just barely, a 213 Bike Yoke Revive.

Rear shock is a Cane Creek Kitsuma. I wasn't sure if this would fit because it sounds like the Cane Creek DB IL has fitment issues. No problems with the Kitsuma. I'm 165 lbs (75 kg) and chose a 550 lb spring because I didn't believe the Propain recommendation. After my first ride, it feels like its just slightly under-sprung. I might end up going with 600 lb. I don't know where Propain is getting their spring rate recommendations but they are way off.

Running the RWC needle bearings in the shock eyelets. I've had good luck with them in the past. No issues during installation other than the upper shock bolt was a few thou too large diameter when I got it. Chucked it up in a drill and gave it a light sanding to fix it up.

Everything else in the build was pretty uneventful. Coming off a 2018 RM Altitude which treated me well. Hopefully this one does too.



2022 Propain Tyee first ride

Does the 210 OneUp slam or at least come close? Can’t find info on this anywhere! Thank you much

It doesn't slam, but it works for my legs (35" inseam) on an L alu.

The insertion depth per framesize is on the site, under techspec where the geo graphs are aswell.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2023 at 4:41 Quote
Nope. You can't lower the 210 Oneup all the way. For my size Large CF frame, the maximum seatpost insertion specs on the website were spot on. If I remember correctly, I had to have a minimum of around 32mm (1 1/4") sticking out. I don't have the seatpost any more because the cartridge started leaking. Running a Wolf Tooth now.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2023 at 6:16 Quote
On my XL Tyee, I have a 180mm OneUp Dropper and I have around 7mm of post poking out the top of the seat tube, and it will go all the way in leaving around 1-2mm out. Not sure about a 210, measure and calculate Smile

| Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009115
Mobile Version of Website