Framed bikes

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Framed bikes
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
Looking for reviews of a Framed Wolftrax fat bike is it a good bike for the $$?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
Victoria101 wrote:
Looking for reviews of a Framed Wolftrax fat bike is it a good bike for the $$?

Yes, Framed bikes are a very good value. After riding hard a Framed Alaskan since 2015, having received immediate support from the company when had a question, and needed a second fatbike for guests. Ordered new Wolftrax from the Outlet and it delivered quickly on promised date, very well boxed and mostly pre-assembled.
Took extra care in the build, added a PNW Cascade dropper post and checked rear derailleur hanger with Park tool, it was straight and square. Impressed.
The house brand tires that arrived on bike are tough with very good tread.
BB5 brakes work fine, as fatbiking tends to be on less steep trails than summer riding.
There are 5 different Framed bikes in our riding group. Sometimes a part here or there needs replacement, at which time I upgrade, but is the same with every fatbike.
The wheels are working great, which is a good sign. A lot of fat bikes of every brand experience rear hub failure, even Specialized, Trek, Scott, Salsa, but this new wheelset hooks up solidly and give no indication of trouble.

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
I have a 2015 or 16 framed alaskan and love it. Built a second set of 29+ wheels for the summer and it rips! If I remember correctly they changed the label from Alaskan to Wolftrax. Mine is the carbon version. Would buy again.

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
I got a Carbon Wolftrax last fall. Very impressed with quality of the frame. I got it after my friend had an alloy version of the same bike. I added a KS dropper and got a second set of wheels (Craigslist for $250!), they are giant OEM rims, they now have studded tires mounted. Nice inexpensive way to not go back and forth with tires AND tubeless, besides, the Maxxis, non studded tires aren’t fun to seat the bead.

I will say Customer Service wasn’t great, but it was during last fall/Covid, and they were very short handed. It took WEEKS, almost a month! on 1 question, to reply to inquiries, but they were very thorough with the answers.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007257
Mobile Version of Website