Testing in Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: USA - West
Testing in Santa Cruz
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 23:33 Quote
Hi everyone,

in two weeks I'm gonna have 2 days time in Santa Cruz on a business trip and I want to sample some Santa Cruz and Ibis bikes at the factories. Which trails/areas that are reachable by pedalling from the Santa Cruz/Ibis HQs can you recommend for testing? I'll only have a small rental car and so won't be mobile with the bike(s). Any shuttle recommendations?

I'm used to technical alpine terrain and going to test Hightower/Ripmo.

Thanks a ton for any advice!

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 5:20 Quote
If I remember correctly, SC has a trail right behind their building?

Maybe shoot an email to SC and Ibis, they can probably get you a laundry list of trails nearby.

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 23:19 Quote
Thanks!

I was of course thinking about that, I've also checked out trailforks to begin with and there's plenty of trails by the sea Wink

Was just wondering about recommendations of locals. Maybe someone's even down to go for a ride together?

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 23:23 Quote
Unfortunately Ibis will be closing their test fleet right when I'm over there, bummer...

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
Mooka,
There's a bike path from the Santa Cruz building that takes you right to Wilder Ranch State Park. It's more XC than Enduro, but if you don't mind a big day in the saddle you can get a pretty diverse array of trail features. Enchanted Loop has some good Redwood root sections that can form some decent drops, it's probably the most technical section in Wilder Ranch. I think (I'm not a SC local) the state park connects to the University trails which are technically illegal trails, but are a bit more rowdy. Either way, Wilder Ranch is a unique and pretty place to ride and you can get ~25 miles without hitting the same trail twice. If you want to get a big day in, check out the Old Cabin Classic route. It's a XC race that is held there.

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 6:20 Quote
Thanks,
I ended up sampling the Wilder Ranch State Park and gotta say it's just about enough for some testing.
Ended up with a new Hightower frame as well, so I'm excited!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015923
Mobile Version of Website