Anyone know what bike this is

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anyone know what bike this is
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 22:43 Quote
Looking to see if anyone knows what bike this is? Listed on my local CL for a pretty good price and a garage paint job

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 22:45 Quote
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/d/roseville-carbon-fiber-275-hardtail/7095501667.html

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 23:17 Quote
Could be a frame from China, the fact that he doesn't give a Brand name strongly suggests that. Also, looking at the forks, my guess is they are lower line, as again he gives no brand name of them. Having said that, I would Not consider that bike, he's to vague about it, which is not a good sign.

There are sellers that will go into Detail about their bikes, and offer detailed pic's. You may pay a bit more, but you will save yourself a headache, down the road, and possibly a chunk of change.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 1:06 Quote
I'm guessing the fork is a Rockshox Revalation, but it's trashed, look at the anodising (or lack of) on the stanchions. Run away quickly.

FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 1:46 Quote
Looks like a Trek Stache.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 2:00 Quote
Heywood165 wrote:

A bit, but the Stache top tube/down tube junction is different and they don't have the kink in the top tube. Different drop outs too.

FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 2:35 Quote
metaam wrote:
Heywood165 wrote:

A bit, but the Stache top tube/down tube junction is different and they don't have the kink in the top tube. Different drop outs too.

You're probably right, I didn't look the Stache up, just went off memory. There was a similar style frame built by an American bike co. but I can't remember the name. Similar company to Salsa and Niner, had bike packing and fatbike frames in their lineup. Just can't put my finger on their name.

*edit*
Found what I was thinking of!
Salsa Woodsmoke
Looks similar, but still not the same dropouts
At least it won't annoy me all day!

FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 5:49 Quote
Open mold carbon frame. Fork looks like a recon with the steel stanchions, the stanchions just kind of look that way with use since you can’t make steel black chemically quite as effectively/durably as aluminum. Looks like you could build something similar for much less. I agree run away quickly. This is a mechanics bin bike.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
99% certain this is the Workswell WCB-M-078. Haven't seen these around in a while but they used to be pretty prevalent on eBay from various 3p rebranders.

Its carbon, its a hardtail, its a super odd collection of parts, but it will probably be a fine ride--if I were wanting it, I just wouldn't pay more than 600-700 bucks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008645
Mobile Version of Website