Buying a 134 under corona situation

PB Forum :: Kona
Buying a 134 under corona situation
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 18:02 Quote
I am interested in buying the Process 134 from my LBS.However they are not able to do any fitting or adjustments to it, as they normally would, because of the strict corona quarantine in Ontario at present.All they can do is build it and deliver it to my house.
Do you think this is too risky or are any adjustments to the shocks etc pretty straightforward?
This will be my first FS. My other bikes are road bikes and commuter bikes with no suspension.
I am 6ft and so was going to buy the large, fyi.
Thanks.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 21:22 Quote
Buy a large, sounds about right. Set your sag to 30% and change as necessary. Setting up suspension is a skill that is learned by trial and error. Better to teach yourself rather than being a slave to the shop.

If course you'll have to install the dropper and do a few other things. Again all skills that are learned.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 22:36 Quote
I am 6'2" and went XL as I was stretching the large a little to the extreme to get it to fit. The XL has been a good fit but I had to get a shorter stem (33mm) to make it fit well. The large is probably the right size if you are 6'. As for set up, there isn't much to do. Find the right size and air the shocks. You can figure out sag in your home (what else you gonna do during covid?). If you need a different length stem, they are cheap. Make sure they drop off a shock pump too if you don't already have one.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
rahrider wrote:
I am 6'2" and went XL as I was stretching the large a little to the extreme to get it to fit. The XL has been a good fit but I had to get a shorter stem (33mm) to make it fit well. The large is probably the right size if you are 6'. As for set up, there isn't much to do. Find the right size and air the shocks. You can figure out sag in your home (what else you gonna do during covid?). If you need a different length stem, they are cheap. Make sure they drop off a shock pump too if you don't already have one.

I have an XL as well. Were you able to run the 200mm dropper? I had to swap in a 150, and even that is tall. The cockpit was perfect on the other hand...

And did you buy the 134 @rockcliffe? I love mine!

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 18:25 Quote
leblancm wrote:
rahrider wrote:

I have an XL as well. Were you able to run the 200mm dropper? I had to swap in a 150, and even that is tall. The cockpit was perfect on the other hand...

And did you buy the 134 @rockcliffe? I love mine!

Nope, ended up buying a Norco Optic C3, wanted to get a lighter bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008709
Mobile Version of Website