(Your) Roll in's !!!

PB Forum :: Trail Building
(Your) Roll in's !!!
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 10:08 Quote
8 feet sounds like a reasonable size

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
I need some advice. I'm building a ten foot long tabletop (Lip to Lip) and I am going to have a four foot roll in. How much room will I need to pedal to make the jump cleanly? Thanks.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
ryandspencer wrote:
crazydutchmen wrote:
ryandspencer wrote:

it will be really hard to maintain. and keep it smooth if i had to worry about my run way and jumps and role in it would take me a very long time before i hit djs
i have a shit load of carpet so i will probably just end up covering the run down of the roll in with that. should solve a lot of problems

somewhat depends how tall you want it and wide

may i ask how tall and wide you are having it ?
were going as high as we can with the excavator so maby 15-20 feet tall
prolly hvae a 5 by 10 section at the top

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 13:35 Quote
JMoney53 wrote:
I need some advice. I'm building a ten foot long tabletop (Lip to Lip) and I am going to have a four foot roll in. How much room will I need to pedal to make the jump cleanly? Thanks.
depends entirely on the lip and height of the jump.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
JMoney53 wrote:
depends entirely on the lip and height of the jump.

yes, but there many things it depends on. the gap lip hight bowls rollers
how packed the run way is.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
photo

ant really see it but thats the white air extreme sports festival roll in

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
the jump will prrobably be about 4 dr tall. Not sure about the lip. So can you give a rough estimate on how much space I need?

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
azfreeride wrote:
odin333 wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
its for the olympics track in bejing i think.

no its not Beijing, the roll in for it is smaller, and it looks like one of those red Chinese roof things made out of steel or whatever. they also have stands behind the roll-in.

its probably the roll in for the olympic replica track in the UK or Chula Vista, CA

Never seen something sooo insane Big Grin

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
JMoney53 wrote:
the jump will prrobably be about 4 dr tall. Not sure about the lip. So can you give a rough estimate on how much space I need?

use common sense. look at it, estimate the speed needed, go as far back as you will need without a roll-in and hit it. then make the roll in at the same spot. all they really help for is not having to pedal and just be able to think about the jump.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
odin333 wrote:
JMoney53 wrote:

use common sense. look at it, estimate the speed needed, go as far back as you will need without a roll-in and hit it. then make the roll in at the same spot. all they really help for is not having to pedal and just be able to think about the jump.

Estimate the distance/speed you need, and then make your roll in 25% bigger. That gives you a margin of error.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
azfreeride wrote:
odin333 wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
its for the olympics track in bejing i think.

no its not Beijing, the roll in for it is smaller, and it looks like one of those red Chinese roof things made out of steel or whatever. they also have stands behind the roll-in.

its probably the roll in for the olympic replica track in the UK or Chula Vista, CA

EDIT:
nvm, there is a honda(crv i think) a smart car, and a hyundai, so judging solely on that, it is somewhere in North america?.?.?.?.?.?.

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
rockitonacannondale wrote:
loveDJandDH wrote:
Johnbron65 wrote:
heres mine:
photo
some snipping went down yeah
We have a pully to get the bikes to the top..
looks sketcy as hell

d8flat8 wrote:
photo
no no no. THAT looks sketchy as hell.

guess you were right, went off the side and broke my collar bone

Posted: Sep 21, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
d8flat8 wrote:
rockitonacannondale wrote:
loveDJandDH wrote:

looks sketcy as hell

d8flat8 wrote:
photo
no no no. THAT looks sketchy as hell.

guess you were right, went off the side and broke my collar bone
ha ha lmao

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 16:31 Quote
Here guys, I just build mine. We made it a drop for a little added speed. Its not done. The roll in is done but the landing isnt. Its about 6 feet high. I dont care abotu your opinions alot. I know the thing is crazy sturdy. My friend is a crazy structure builder and we used what we had. I could even take a video to show how sturdy it is!

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029478
Mobile Version of Website