2020 Bronson - default fork travel in Lyrik

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
2020 Bronson - default fork travel in Lyrik
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
Hey,

I just realized that my 2020 Bronson AL/S has travel set to 150 mm according to SAG scale. (whole space between top edge of lower legs - to the crown is exactly 160 mm, but effective travel is reduced as I understand at least by by seal flange...)

Fork is 160mm version.

Am I too stupid to understand it or due to some reason my factory setup is not aligned with official specs ?

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 16:56 Quote
Pull the lower and upper fork apart from each other to ensure that it’s fully extended and measure from seal to top of inner fork leg and should measure 160mm or very close to it (or possibly 150mm if something is indeed amiss).

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 5:58 Quote
Thanks - this is what I did initially.
Measure indicates around 160 mm of travel.
What concerns me is indication of the SAG scale:

photo

This is why I started to think what it really means...

Cstunes wrote:
Pull the lower and upper fork apart from each other to ensure that it’s fully extended and measure from seal to top of inner fork leg and should measure 160mm or very close to it (or possibly 150mm if something is indeed amiss).

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
I can’t see what ever is attached but presumably a pic of the fork. Some of RS forks are known to sink into their travel some under static bike weight. The new Debonair air spring is supposed to address this to some capacity. Maybe worth the $40 for a new shaft or $25 if you have an original Debonair and simply want to update the airshaft with the new nut and seal head. Typically you’d see it sit statically with no weight on the bike (except the bike) around 8-10% sag on the 160mm side of things. If it’s sagging into the 150mm side of things I’d do a service on it and see that nothing is amuck.

Have you tried the ol zip tie around the seal to release any possible air trapped in the lower leg? Might be worth trying.

FL
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 18:13 Quote
Get the new Debonair air spring and it won't do that anymore. I just put one on my bike the other day, rode it yesterday, and can say that it makes the bike feel a lot better in various ways.

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 1:51 Quote
PJJ205 wrote:
Get the new Debonair air spring and it won't do that anymore. I just put one on my bike the other day, rode it yesterday, and can say that it makes the bike feel a lot better in various ways.

Hey - so you have exactly the same SAG scale indication as me - if your fork is also set to 160 mm - it would mean that it's typical...
(My Lyrik is 2019/2020 - so brand new I would say)

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
It's normal for newer RS. Debonair above. They tend to suck down travel 7-10mm for Lyrik, 3-5mm for Pike. That's the reason they are king of small bumps.

That's the reason I went for 170mm Lyrik for my Bronson.

However you can fix it with RS latest USD20+ upgrade. But I wouldn't dare to say it will improve or retain the small bump sensitivity though.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005842
Mobile Version of Website