Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 11:04 Quote
Jez1984 wrote:
photo
Lovin those Vittoria XC Grey Walls!!! I have that Combo laying around in addition to the Agarros I’ve been planning to use. I’m sure I’ll give’em all a try in due time... Big Grin

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 1:27 Quote
Jez1984 wrote:
For all those people wondering what the difference between unlocked and locked on the rear shock looks like here is a quick video if it works.

I'm not running the twist lock but this shows the difference between the two as I've seen some people are not seeing a difference. Code on my shock is D2H8

Views: 589    Faves: 0    Comments: 0
What brand and type remote are you using?

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 0:53 Quote
thinking of hitting the buy button myself, but considering 170 or 165 cranks to avoid strikes.

whats the bb height at sag? (when you are on it?)

the mashing would be when the shock is not locked. how does it respond to out of saddle saddle peddalng when not locked?

Quote="Jez1984"]Just got back from my first rather muddy ride on the Izzo and bloody loved it.

All in all it was a very good ride and didnt miss the hardtail. Had a couple of pedal strikes but only very slight and was probably more rider error than anything.

My lockout worked flawlessly and i used it alot to assist on some of the more prolonged climbs. Love how it kept the suspension up but still gave a little squish when needed. It definitely wasnt like 'mashed potatoes' as one review said even when open

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 5:33 Quote
I’ve adapted well since the first ride, when it felt the pedals were super low. Compared to my hard tail they are low but now on the same trails I never hit the pedals. So in my case I just had to adapt. Well worth it. Every ride is a dream.

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 11:13 Quote
Brul wrote:
Jez1984 wrote:
For all those people wondering what the difference between unlocked and locked on the rear shock looks like here is a quick video if it works.

I'm not running the twist lock but this shows the difference between the two as I've seen some people are not seeing a difference. Code on my shock is D2H8

Views: 589    Faves: 0    Comments: 0
What brand and type remote are you using?

I believe Richt2000 posted something about it in the early pages. I believe he got it from amazon

I think this is the one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bicycle-Remote-Lockout-Aluminum-Accessory/dp/B07N8CPHSR
Looks very similar

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
notnew wrote:
thinking of hitting the buy button myself, but considering 170 or 165 cranks to avoid strikes.

whats the bb height at sag? (when you are on it?)

the mashing would be when the shock is not locked. how does it respond to out of saddle saddle peddalng when not locked?

Quote="Jez1984"]Just got back from my first rather muddy ride on the Izzo and bloody loved it.

All in all it was a very good ride and didnt miss the
hardtail. Had a couple of pedal strikes but only very slight and was probably more rider error than anything.

My lockout worked flawlessly and i used it alot to assist on some of the more prolonged climbs. Love how it kept the suspension up but still gave a little squish when needed. It definitely wasnt like 'mashed potatoes' as one review said even when open

I've got 170mm cranks on mine from another bike and still had a couple of strikes in the low suspension setting. Like I say though this was probably rider error more than anything else (pedling over small tabletops)
Not sure about the BB height in sag but guess it would be somewhere around 17mm lower as a rough estimate as that is what 30% equates to on the shock which runs vertical.
I've done plenty of out the saddle peddling with the shock open and it feels good. I didnt notice the bob too much at all and certainly didnt stop me from getting up the climbs easily.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 11:35 Quote
Congratulations - digging that color!

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
anyone successfully running an EDC tool. is there enough room in the steer tube

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:

Yep. Threads in with no problem.

photo

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 7:45 Quote
what size frame? not sure that matters

Jlrusmc wrote:
Eloo37 wrote:

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 10:12 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:
Eloo37 wrote:

photo

I have the EDC as well with a CO2 attached to the end of the tool, fits just fine in the large frame.

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 18:14 Quote
what remote lock lever are you using. do you have a push to lock? i got an amazon one and trying to figure out if it matters if it’s push to lock or unlock. i rather not have any switch and all and actually want to remove the cable.

robacks wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:
Eloo37 wrote:

photo

I have the EDC as well with a CO2 attached to the end of the tool, fits just fine in the large frame.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
[Quote="Eloo37"]what remote lock lever are you using. do you have a push to lock? i got an amazon one and trying to figure out if it matters if it’s push to lock or unlock. i rather not have any switch and all and actually want to remove the cable.

robacks wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:

There is a discussion on this topic a few pages back. I use the rockshox oneloc (remote left above) and it works fine.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
you have a push to lock?

[Quote="Jlrusmc"]
Eloo37 wrote:
what remote lock lever are you using. do you have a push to lock? i got an amazon one and trying to figure out if it matters if it’s push to lock or unlock. i rather not have any switch and all and actually want to remove the cable.

robacks wrote:

There is a discussion on this topic a few pages back. I use the rockshox oneloc (remote left above) and it works fine.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017434
Mobile Version of Website