Is there one bike to do it all?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
Banshee/Mythic Morphine everytime.
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
its not the bike, its the rider.

any bike can do just about anything.. maybe except a full 50 lbs dh rig doing trials..
but build a light bike and you can ride anything, from DH, to XC, dj.. etc.

depending if you want full sus or ht also helps. kona lineup is good. the stinkys can handle xc riding, hill climbing, trail riding.. and dh.. i've owened a few and out of them plus the other rigs i've owned, the kona stinky can do it all.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
Although I haven't owned one, the Santa Cruz Nomad is supposed to be a very good all around bike, if it was me, I would get that with a 36 float or something like that.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
SX trail would be the bike id choose if i could only have 1 bike to do it all.

Fortunatly i dont have to make that choice so i'll stick to having a different bike for everything

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
apparently the giant reign igood for everything
havn't got one but thats whats coming soon

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
not to be snooby, but i use my bike for everything.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:18 Quote
Wonder where all the BR owners are?

I'd go for a mini DH personally, light enough for most ups, DH enough for the downs!

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:33 Quote
get a IH 6 point. its good for everythin

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:36 Quote
if you're serious about a versatile bike, look into bionicon, their suspension adjustment system is crazy effective, but also costly i'd imagine

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 9:45 Quote
I ride a Mongoose Khyber. It handles like a xc hardtail on the climb but is a blast on the downhills. Also very good specced for the price. Go for something with around 160mm or travel, two chainrings with a derailleur and guide, short stem, riser bars, knobbly tires and strong but light brakes, and you're geared. Go for the Nomad (If you have the money) definately for the ultimate all-round bike, but others like the new Giant Reign X or something in the likes of that would be perfect.

no. theres not. unless your definition of do-it-all really means do-a-coupla-things at a level of mediocrity comfortable for a weekend warrior just trying to get away from his naggy wife. which, some of us, kind of are- with various degrees of nagnicity, or maybe its something else nagging. imho

lilwalters wrote:
if you're serious about a versatile bike, look into bionicon, their suspension adjustment system is crazy effective, but also costly i'd imagine

Yeah, those Bionicon's have been showing up in the bike mags a lot lately, and they seem to really like the versitility of it. Never ridden one, but it definately sounds interesting.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012374
Mobile Version of Website