Powered by Outside

Are FiveTen Trailcross shoes any good?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Are FiveTen Trailcross shoes any good?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
Has anyone tried FiveTen's Trailcross shoes? I find literally no reviews online.

Posted: May 11, 2020 at 16:06 Quote
They've only just been released I think...

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 23:48 Quote
I love the High Top version. The trail cross shoes was previously listed directly as an adidas shoe with Five Ten stealth rubber base. I had those and currently have the new release both in high top versions. Now I i ride in the desert and also hike around a little for photos and scenery. That’s what these shoes are designed for; if you dont do the hiking around and are not worried about ankle protection (cactus and other pointy stabby stuff) then it may be over kill.
They are a little annoying to put on but fit like a glove once your riding also don’t notice any sort of weight penalty

O+
Posted: May 15, 2020 at 4:50 Quote
Martron12 wrote:
I love the High Top version. The trail cross shoes was previously listed directly as an adidas shoe with Five Ten stealth rubber base. I had those and currently have the new release both in high top versions. Now I i ride in the desert and also hike around a little for photos and scenery. That’s what these shoes are designed for; if you dont do the hiking around and are not worried about ankle protection (cactus and other pointy stabby stuff) then it may be over kill.
They are a little annoying to put on but fit like a glove once your riding also don’t notice any sort of weight penalty

Have they been holding up well?

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 1:01 Quote
Have they been holding up well?[/Quote]

First pair lasted me 2 seasons I wore them a lot outside of riding; they had a Velcro strap instead of the current set. The new pair only have a few rides on them as of now so a little early to say. They feel solid and reliable as my first pair though

O+
Posted: May 17, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
And one more question. How's the sizing? In the reviews on Adidas website it sounds like they run about a half to a full size too big. How do you find them?

O+
Posted: May 17, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
I've got about 2 weeks now on the Trailcross mid/hightop (adidas had a smoking deal on them a little while back) coming from some beat up Freerider Pros. I like them. I was very leery about ordering a size 10, but they're long in the toe, not the widest toe box though. On longer, ~14 mile, rides I do start feeling the narrow toe box a bit more than I did on my Freeriders. I really like the neoprene cuff, time will tell how it holds up, but it keeps all the little pebbles and sticks out and the shoes dry amazing. Got a good foot down in water a few rides back and by the end of the ride my foot completely was dry, they're also much more beathable/cool than my freeriders were. The sizing is definitely weird though, I'm usually a 10.5 in five tens (freerider pros, camp four approach shoes) and even an eleven in my five ten climbing shoes, but for these I trusted the few out there and went down to a 10 and they're just about perfect, a 10.5 and my foot would probably be moving around too much in the shoe causing heel blisters, etc. The laces they come with seem quality, but also are a bit long, but that's easy to deal with, aside from that I have no gripes about them.

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 21:59 Quote
ridingandwrenching wrote:
And one more question. How's the sizing? In the reviews on Adidas website it sounds like they run about a half to a full size too big. How do you find them?

They are spot on with ADIDAS sizing but not 5Ten. These shoes are basically adidas with stealth rubber on them and not actually designed by the 5Ten crew so that’s why the sizing is varied. I wear an 8 and half and fit exactly the same as every other pair of adidas I’ve ever owned.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 7:09 Quote
Martron12 wrote:
ridingandwrenching wrote:

They are spot on with ADIDAS sizing but not 5Ten. These shoes are basically adidas with stealth rubber on them and not actually designed by the 5Ten crew so that’s why the sizing is varied. I wear an 8 and half and fit exactly the same as every other pair of adidas I’ve ever owned.

I would disagree. I've owned a number of Adidas shoes over the years currently having a pair of Campus and Terrex trail runners and Terrex Hiking shoes and I'm consistently a 10.5USM/28.5cm (the mid-top hiking boot actually is too snug at 10.5). I wouldn't say these definitely fit exactly like ever other pair of Adidas. While they don't match the fit of my FiveTen Freerider Pros (10.5) or my FiveTen Camp Four approach shoes (10.5), if I had ordered a 10.5 I'd likely be experiencing tons foot movement and heel blisters when laced as tight as possible. The 10 fits like a 10.5, size down or go try them on in person.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2020 at 14:30 Quote
After a good amount of rides with these shoes, my only real gripe is that they're narrow (but long). If you have a wide forefoot you may want to shop around. I wish I could take the extra room in front of my toes to the sides of my forefoot, on longer (~15 mile) rides these start to get pretty tight on the sides.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 2:26 Quote
How long do u reckon they will last with street use

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011882
Mobile Version of Website