Powered by Outside

Max tire size on Commencal Meta HT 29er

PB Forum :: Commencal
Max tire size on Commencal Meta HT 29er

Author Message
Posted: May 14, 2020 at 7:35 Quote
I was wondering what the biggest 29er tire is that an fit in the rear of a Meta Ht. The website says the max tire size is 60-622, which I think equates to a 2.35, but I wasn't sure if anyone has gone any bigger.

Thanks for any help

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
I’m curious about this too.

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
Someone on reddit said that they fit a 2.5 Assagai on the back of their 2019 Meta HT with a decent amount of clearance, and I am pretty sure the frames did not change between 2019 and 2020 besides graphics.

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
I fit a 2.5 DHR on the 2020, no issues so far.

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 12:36 Quote
crack-radar wrote:
I fit a 2.5 DHR on the 2020, no issues so far.

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 19:59 Quote
Has anybody tried a 2.6 recon? Currently running a 2.4 michelin wild enduro rear and it looks like there’d be plenty of room.

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
That’s the same tire I was planning to get! I haven’t tried it but if a 2.5 dhr can fit i imagine a 2.6 rekon can fit because of the smaller knobs

Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 20:08 Quote
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
That’s the same tire I was planning to get! I haven’t tried it but if a 2.5 dhr can fit i imagine a 2.6 rekon can fit because of the smaller knobs

Post back if you do it with the results.

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
I’ll make sure to! Wont be for a bit though, probably next spring

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 9:03 Quote
A 29x 2.6 Maxxis fits just right on the rear of my 2021 Meta HT. Anything with wider knobs in a 2.6 would be pushing it, especially in the mud. I also have the choice of a 27.5 rear wheel, which places the rim in a wider section where the chainsaws meet. This would allow for a much wider tyre. Although I have only used a 2.5 WTB Vigilante on my 27.5 wheel.

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 5:17 Quote
I'm running a 29" Nobby Nic 2.6 in the rear.

Posted: Jan 27, 2024 at 9:21 Quote
Anyone try a maxxis minion Dhr 2 .. 29x2.6 ??

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009546
Mobile Version of Website