What sag are you running on Lyrik ultimate?

PB Forum :: SRAM
What sag are you running on Lyrik ultimate?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
As title,
Got a set of Lyrik ultimate recommended pressure only puts me at 18% sag.Is this right for this fork,I usually run27-30% sag on previous forks.The forks are harsh as hell at %18 sag.

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 1:48 Quote
What I do is start at recommended sag and pressure, and adjust for mid- and end-stroke plushness.
Not caring about sag too much.
81kg loaded, run about 75psi with 3 tokens. Compression all the way open, Rebound 6 clicks from slow.

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 2:57 Quote
You have to think of sag in a different way, it is a variable.

So you have your sag set just right but then decide to take off the 35mm stem and put a 60mm one on, the sag will change.

If you took the fork off your bike that was set just right and put it on another bike with a different geometry the sag changes

If a mate of yours who weighs the same weight as you but has shorter arms and a more top heavy build gets on your bike the sag will be wrong.

This also goes for when you go for a quick summer blast with minimum clothing and not much in the way of support, then go for a long winter day out with everything including the kitchen sink.

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Sag is a personal thing, it depends on what bike you ride, the travel you have, and how stiff you like your shocks. some people like really plush suspension at roughly 30-35% sag, some people like theirs stiffer going from 25-20%. I set mine up at 25% sag, but that should not matter to you, set sag depending on what works for you on your current setup

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 16:15 Quote
Ever get this figured out? The Lyrik shouldn't be harsh.

What is your rebound set at? I often see people run their rebound too slow causing the fork to pack down and ride harsh.

I'm 190lbs geared up and ride hard. Running 105-110psi with two tokens, LSC at 15 out and HSC at 3 out, Rebound at 6 out. Fork is fast rebounding but controlled. Fork uses all but the last 15-20mm if I stay on the ground and uses all the travel only on the biggest drops/jumps.

I don't really bother with sag as its way too hard to accurately measure with fork stiction and how you weight the bike sitting still.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 21:37 Quote
percivilla wrote:

What is your rebound set at? I often see people run their rebound too slow causing the fork to pack down and ride harsh.

I'm 190lbs geared up and ride hard. Running 105-110psi with two tokens, LSC at 15 out and HSC at 3 out, Rebound at 6 out. Fork is fast rebounding but controlled. Fork uses all but the last 15-20mm if I stay on the ground and uses all the travel only on the biggest drops/jumps.

I don't really bother with sag as its way too hard to accurately measure with fork stiction and how you weight the bike sitting still.
dropped the air pressure down ,to get 30% sag,installed MRP ramp control,and push HC97 damper,all good now.200lb rider,80psi,equivalent to 2 volume spacers.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 1:58 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
percivilla wrote:

dropped the air pressure down ,to get 30% sag,installed MRP ramp control,and push HC97 damper,all good now.200lb rider,80psi,equivalent to 2 volume spacers.

Sounds like a lot of expensive upgrades on an already expensive fork. I just got the new Ultimate 180mm, 27.5 with a Nuke mega & still trying to get it dialled. Running 25% sag atm, compression fully open & rebound 8 clicks from slow. still feels quite harsh but runs too high on the travel at lower PSI.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010320
Mobile Version of Website