Powered by Outside

Older bikes::: Cannondale Jekyll 500 vs Cannondale Volvo F700

PB Forum :: Cannondale
Older bikes::: Cannondale Jekyll 500 vs Cannondale Volvo F700
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
Disclosure, I am new to mtn biking and basically just want to get out and get some fresh air and maybe loss a little weight. I'm mostly going to leisurely ride on our local bike trails and streets and a small amount of off road stuff. But I want a mtn bike just the same.

I just bought an older, (but in very good condition), Jekyll 500. There is also a good used Volvo F700 I have my eyes on locally.

1. Which would be the better bike? I bought the Jekyll 500 for $250, and could get the Volvo F700 for $350.

Also, for the Jekyll 500 to fit me I have the seat post up about 8" for my legs to be almost straight on the downstroke. And I just noticed a sticker on it indicating it is "Medium" size. I am 5'-10" tall and my inseam is 33". From what I am able to research I might need a "large" bike? But when riding, it feels good to me. I really like it, and have never had a quality bike like this Cannondale. But like I said, I'm a newb with all this and maybe it isn't a good fit?

2. Would I be better off with a large size bike?

3. How can I determine what year these bikes came out and were sold? I think they are both maybe around 20 years old?

TIA, (trying to upload pics below)

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.104705
Mobile Version of Website