Crashes...POST HERE

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Crashes...POST HERE
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
in florida, where i was awhile ago, you didnt need to wear one at all...

edit, a helmet

I wear a helmet anyways...only hardcore kids dont wear helmets...lie...i wer on just for rolling around the block not eve doing hops or anything.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
As the front tyre landed it snapped, it happened so fast, I didn't Know why I fell till I saw the broken bar. I was dirt jumping with it, and I'm right handed so I let go my left hand, all the stress should be on the right side.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
haha
Views: 7,834    Faves: 60    Comments: 104

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
photo

landed to far right on the landing and hit the dirt ledge thing...

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
pinkpearldrums wrote:
how the fack are you guys snaping bars???i never even new that was possible...how easy can this happen...will the company you bought them from warrenty them???

the company wont cover it b/c its not manufacturer defects.. for the most part.

if u have crmo bars or 31.8 aluminum bars you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 18:52 Quote
pinkpearldrums wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:
across the pond there is, your from the states different laws...
if you out after 9 pm you get arrested...if you dont have a helmet on while your sitting on the bike in your gargage they will give you a ticket here in albuquerque new mexico usa. I got a 25$ usd ticket for sitting in my driveway without a helmet. I had to show the judge a reciet of purchase of a helmet or pay the ticket...i wore the helmet to court and i gave her the reciept.

well played

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
RootRider wrote:
Check this video

Views: 94,972    Faves: 1,309    Comments: 236

Now I see, you mean BMX crashes...
number 4 is pretty bad, lucky the guy in the last one had brakes.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
In the summer of 06 I broke my left ankle airing a qp. For some reason or another I took my foot off the pedal as I was landing on the tranny. I didn't even fall off my bike. I thought nothing off it, but when I went to put my foot back on the pedal it felt weird. I looked down and saw this.
photo

photo

My ankle was twisted back at least 90 degrees, if not more. Look closely at the pic and you'll see that my shin is facing up, but the foot it twisted. I was in the hospital for almost a week. I had surgery and still have the 6 screws and plate inside me. After almost 2 years it still hurts if I ride it too hard.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
specializederic wrote:
RootRider wrote:
Check this video

Views: 94,972    Faves: 1,309    Comments: 236

Now I see, you mean BMX crashes...
number 4 is pretty bad, lucky the guy in the last one had brakes.

that video is rad

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 20:56 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
In the summer of 06 I broke my left ankle airing a qp. For some reason or another I took my foot off the pedal as I was landing on the tranny. I didn't even fall off my bike. I thought nothing off it, but when I went to put my foot back on the pedal it felt weird. I looked down and saw this.
SNIP SNIP

My ankle was twisted back at least 90 degrees, if not more. Look closely at the pic and you'll see that my shin is facing up, but the foot it twisted. I was in the hospital for almost a week. I had surgery and still have the 6 screws and plate inside me. After almost 2 years it still hurts if I ride it too hard.
Holy shiznat meng. You alright now?

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:39 Quote
even though its a bmx thread, a crash is a crash. there are only so many ways to reinvent the wheel, right?
photo

photo

the result of trying to do a 360 into a foam pit. same thing as the guy with the broken ankle, put my foot out for some reason, hit the edge of the foam pit, snapped my leg, but stayed on the bike. only when everyone jumped down into the pit and crowded around me did i realize something was wrong.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:42 Quote
how the hell u miss the pit?

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:53 Quote
i kinda went off to the left when i jumped. im way too cool to jump straight.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
oh right on well did u atleast get the rotation?

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 22:16 Quote
not on that try, but the 4 before it i did. i was gonna take it to their resi landing after that practice run into the foam pit too. it sucked. broke it wednesday, and paid to be at the camp for the rest of the week.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018503
Mobile Version of Website