I HATE my Devinci

PB Forum :: Devinci
I HATE my Devinci
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 11:55 Quote
I HATE my Devinci DC and I really don't recommend buying any Devinci. The warranty is only on the frame, for every other part they instruct you to contact the manufacturer. In my case, for a part that was defective when the bike was purchased and made in China.

If you’re looking for an e bike I would encourage anyone to test ride several brands before buying a Devinci. The front end slides out constantly despite adjusting the rebound settings and tire/ fork pressure. I just don't feel safe on this bike.

They sold me a bike with a defective dropper post, they knew it when I purchased the bike, the retailer
told me Devinci would send me a replacement, I contacted Devinci the day after
I purchased the bike. Devinci told me to contact the retailer, the one who told
me to contact Devinci. Devinci finally agreed to get involved and asked
repeatedly for additional information (first, videos and proof of purchase,
then more photos and vin for the bile, then the vin from the post) Saying they
would help me file a warranty claim? with their supplier, in China. After a
total 6 phone calls, 1.5 hours at the dealer, a video, 4 photos and 5 emails I
had enough. I sent a FIFTH email to Devinci demanding they send me a working
post, their response was to send an email admonishing me for complaining and
blaming their defective product and lack of service on the corona virus!

3 weeks later and still no post! Fortunately the state I reside in has consumer protection laws that will force them to take the bike back. Imagine buying a $6200 bike and having to sue them over a $97 (retail) part.

My Specialized Turbo Levo is a much better bike. I'm very happy with my new one!

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
You don't have a Devinci problem. You have a bike shop problem as well as an ignorance problem. Of course Devinci only warrantees the frame. The fork, shock, dropper, drivetrain and all other components are covered by their own warrantees. Break your dropper on your Specialized and you'll have the same issues. I know this because I've owned bikes from Specialized, YT, Devinci, Giant, Cannondale, Yeti, Ibis and Santa Cruz over the last 5 years. NONE of them would have done a damn thing because NONE of them are responsible for your stupidity.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 8:18 Quote
cueTIP wrote:
You don't have a Devinci problem. You have a bike shop problem as well as an ignorance problem. Of course Devinci only warrantees the frame. The fork, shock, dropper, drivetrain and all other components are covered by their own warrantees. Break your dropper on your Specialized and you'll have the same issues. I know this because I've owned bikes from Specialized, YT, Devinci, Giant, Cannondale, Yeti, Ibis and Santa Cruz over the last 5 years. NONE of them would have done a damn thing because NONE of them are responsible for your stupidity.

lol

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
A little harsh....and not constructive ...I’d be equally pissed ????

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
Pissed or not, it's still a shop problem. Every component is warranted by its own manufacturer period.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 10:33 Quote
and specialized has their own branded droppers. They wont send you elsewhere!!

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 10:52 Quote
Surprisingly, when I bought my '19 Stumpy, Specialized replaced my seatpost with a Fox Transfer. Seems they were having issues with their posts at the time & didn't have a cure. I was pretty impressed that they didn't argue & got me on a more expensive post right away.
I recently broke a Spec carbon rim (not the rims fault, tire pressure too low & blew off the rim), they sent me a new carbon rim right away.
I'd say Specialized is very good when it comes to wty. A lot of the time it's dealing with a shitty shop that can't be bothered, that is more the problem.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
cueTIP wrote:

totally agree that the problem is the bike shop.
wouldn't be surprised if Devinci refused to sell through that shop in the future especially since this dude is already talking about taking legal action.

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
Hey bud, why did you pay for a bike that did not work? It's like going to the used car lot and towing the car home.

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 22:05 Quote
Hey bud, why did you pay for a bike that did not work? It's like going to the used car lot and towing the car home.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 18:02 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:

Well said and thought provoking

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 18:14 Quote
Abbster999 wrote:
I HATE my Devinci DC and I really don't recommend buying any Devinci. The warranty is only on the frame, for every other part they instruct you to contact the manufacturer. In my case, for a part that was defective when the bike was purchased and made in China.

If you’re looking for an e bike I would encourage anyone to test ride several brands before buying a Devinci. The front end slides out constantly despite adjusting the rebound settings and tire/ fork pressure. I just don't feel safe on this bike.

They sold me a bike with a defective dropper post, they knew it when I purchased the bike, the retailer
told me Devinci would send me a replacement, I contacted Devinci the day after
I purchased the bike. Devinci told me to contact the retailer, the one who told
me to contact Devinci. Devinci finally agreed to get involved and asked
repeatedly for additional information (first, videos and proof of purchase,
then more photos and vin for the bile, then the vin from the post) Saying they
would help me file a warranty claim? with their supplier, in China. After a
total 6 phone calls, 1.5 hours at the dealer, a video, 4 photos and 5 emails I
had enough. I sent a FIFTH email to Devinci demanding they send me a working
post, their response was to send an email admonishing me for complaining and
blaming their defective product and lack of service on the corona virus!

3 weeks later and still no post! Fortunately the state I reside in has consumer protection laws that will force them to take the bike back. Imagine buying a $6200 bike and having to sue them over a $97 (retail) part.

My Specialized Turbo Levo is a much better bike. I'm very happy with my new one!
Lets clear a few things up.

First and foremost warranty is to cover any manufacturer defects. Generally when a bicycle manufacturer offers "Lifetime Warranty" this only covers what they make: the frame. When a warranty issues arises with a part other then the frame it is the manufacturer of that specifics part to resolve the issue, in your case the seatpost made by TranzX failed as such it is the responsibility of TranzX to replace the post not devinci.

Second EVERY bike manufacturer requires you to go through your retailer for warranty work (this includes specialized) The fact that your retailer was unwilling to do their job is what you should be pissed at. Things slip through QC all the time its unfortunate that your post did not function properly from the factory but your LBS should have had it remedied quickly and taken care of all the leg work for you.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 15:11 Quote
In my experience Devinci has been super helpful! The carbon seat stay on my 2014 Troy broke a couple months ago and they honored the lifetime warranty on their frames. Devinci worked with me to get me into a new 2020 Troy GX Carbon/Aluminum frame and Troy LTD components, all during the pandemic bike shortage. I have a new bike because Devinci is a stand up company and honors the warranties. As for the proof of purchase, photos/video, S/N... yep I had to provide the same info. I'd recommend being patient and polite and you will probably get farther faster. Beyond that Devinci is a relatively small company and they will have to work with the dropper post manufacture to get replacement, which isn't going to happen overnight. As a result of how they handled this Devinci will always be at the top of my list when it comes to bike purchases.

By the way there is a bike and bike component shortage currently due to the pandemic. Have you tried to find bike parts lately?

Posted: Dec 14, 2020 at 16:03 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
Did you even try to contact the actual manufacturer of the dropper post? I've had great luck doing that in the past. You're lighting the bag of dog shit on the wrong door step.

I agree your LBS is handling the situation poorly. They make money on the sale of these bikes, they should be supporting the customer and sorting out any issues/warranty claims. Personally, I prefer to cut out the middle man and deal with manufacturers directly when possible. I don't like the idea of my warranty claim sitting on their counter for 2 weeks because they forgot to ship it.

Good service at an LBS is very hard to come by, it's your choice to support a shop that doesn't support you. There are tons of options for LBS, online retailers, and even direct sale brands. If you choose to let some zit faced punk handle your shit, that lands entirely on you.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.059803
Mobile Version of Website