Powered by Outside

1x Cranksets

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
what is the actual difference between 1x cranksets when they are listed for different speeds? eg, 1x10 1x11 and 1x12 ??

im in the market for some to convert my current 2x setup to a 1x12 as currently with a narrow wide front ring my chainline spacing is about 54MM and from what I read it wants to be 49mm. I figured if I was going to the effort of swapping all the rear I should do the front properly too.

its all Sram GX stuff in the rear.

sorry for the basic questions Dead Horse im no cycle techie

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 23:53 Quote
cranks that are designed for 2 x drives usually have 104 spacing or other spaced bolt paterns. You can convert this fine into 1x, however they are not as efficient as a direct mount. you have a much larger range of tooth count options as well as offset for boost and standard chainlines. Sram has moved to dub system (which is fantastic) and use direct mount rings.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 1:25 Quote
its an old 2015 none boost bike, the current 2x cranks have a BCD of 104 which is why I tried the cheap ebay narrow wide chain ring, but the chain ring sticks out too far so im guessing it will give me chainline issues. I could pack the chainring inwards with washers but it seems like a bodge.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006461
Mobile Version of Website