Zeb settings

FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 5:15 Quote
GEO147 wrote:
Local BS replace the indent band. Had one spare. Was corrosion. Less than 8 months on the bike.

Very poor

Hey mate I've got the same thing. What is the indent band?

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 13:31 Quote
Boogeyman1301 wrote:
Hi guys,

my ZEB A1 Ultimate with 180mm of travel feels very insensitive on small bumps like breaking bumps etc. Because of that I just tried to play a little bit with the Airpressure and Trailhead suggests me 60 PSI with my 80 Kg. To achieve almost 25% SAG my current pressure sits at 45 PSI...is that a "good" thing? Seems very very low to me.
While googling I came across this video here, which basically shows how to equalize the pressure in the lower legs. Did someone try that?

After a lot of altitude changes up to 3300hm (11’000 feet) I felt it to be very chattery and like LSC was way too stiff. Finally did the zip tie trick to release some pressure around the seals and voila back to the awesome fork I remember having. So maybe it’s worth a try if you’ve been changing altitude of late.

FL
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
benno92 wrote:
blissindex wrote:
This is wild! I’m 220lbs and I’m getting 25% sag at 53psi. Sounds like I need to rebuild the fork. I know Rockshox tends to overgrease from the factory, maybe a little less will help the fork equalize properly?

Rockshox recommended something like 78psi, which might have well been a rigid fork

Maybe but if the fork is working well then I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to strip them down. I doubt you'll need to fulling strip them either. Flip the bike upside down, crack the footnuts off.. knock the shafts down a little and let the fork breath. I bet you've got air build up in the lowers. These forks are pretty sensitive to that.

I've put the bike upside down and loosened off the footbolts while fork compressed. Should I hear anything? They don't push in like that guys did in the video (it's a 160mm Zeb ultimate) any ideas mate? Feel like I've lost all small bump sensitivity but I've gone up to over 2000m from sea level so makes sense that's what needs doing

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
bikerbazza wrote:
benno92 wrote:
blissindex wrote:
This is wild! I’m 220lbs and I’m getting 25% sag at 53psi. Sounds like I need to rebuild the fork. I know Rockshox tends to overgrease from the factory, maybe a little less will help the fork equalize properly?

Rockshox recommended something like 78psi, which might have well been a rigid fork

Maybe but if the fork is working well then I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to strip them down. I doubt you'll need to fulling strip them either. Flip the bike upside down, crack the footnuts off.. knock the shafts down a little and let the fork breath. I bet you've got air build up in the lowers. These forks are pretty sensitive to that.

I've put the bike upside down and loosened off the footbolts while fork compressed. Should I hear anything? They don't push in like that guys did in the video (it's a 160mm Zeb ultimate) any ideas mate? Feel like I've lost all small bump sensitivity but I've gone up to over 2000m from sea level so makes sense that's what needs doing

You have to knock the shafts down to release them from the lowers... put the footnut bolts back in about three turns then knock each one with a soft hammer to release them. You'll probably hear an air sucking type sound or a pop. You'll know if they're loose as the shafts will become loose within the lowers. You only have to knock them down about 5mm. Do the bolts back up with the fork fully extended though.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
I had the same experience in morzine. Fork firmed up no end after a few days. The overly greased airshaft is a thing as well though so popping up and down on the fork then physically pulling it up beyond its full extension can solve that.. takes some force but you should be able to hear the fork equalise if you do it a good few times!

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 16:19 Quote
I finally solved the pressure build-up in the lowers problem: I bought the 2023 Zeb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FL
Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
benno92 wrote:
I had the same experience in morzine. Fork firmed up no end after a few days. The overly greased airshaft is a thing as well though so popping up and down on the fork then physically pulling it up beyond its full extension can solve that.. takes some force but you should be able to hear the fork equalise if you do it a good few times!

Cheers for that. Could definetly release the bolt on the side of the rebound (and heard hiss) but otherside wouldn't budge even when giving it a good wack! Might have to get inside to do over greased airshaft can't get enough over extension to get to release

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
When I got my 2023 Zeb Ultimate in, I sat on the fence for a bit as to whether or not I should service it out the gate. So glad I did. Negative air chamber was massive, the air spring must have been installed with a huge amount of neg space. Also was pretty over-greased.

I’m also noticing something interesting concerning the wildly varied settings of those in this thread. On my previous Zeb Charger R, RS recommended 78psi, -13rbd. On the 2023, RS recommended 83psi, -8rbd. I realize they are technically different forks, but I wonder if there’s that big a difference between the Select, +, Ultimate, etc.

Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 0:45 Quote
bikerbazza wrote:
benno92 wrote:

Cheers for that. Could definetly release the bolt on the side of the rebound (and heard hiss) but otherside wouldn't budge even when giving it a good wack! Might have to get inside to do over greased airshaft can't get enough over extension to get to release

yeah it might be a fork off the bike job then. Sounds like you have a couple of issues there that are resulting in harshness. All rectifiable though. I must say this though.. I made a burnishing tool at work for my zeb. That made a hell of a difference. Feels more like a lyrik now, hardly any break away force required to get it moving.

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2023 at 8:15 Quote
blissindex wrote:
When I got my 2023 Zeb Ultimate in, I sat on the fence for a bit as to whether or not I should service it out the gate. So glad I did. Negative air chamber was massive, the air spring must have been installed with a huge amount of neg space. Also was pretty over-greased.

I’m also noticing something interesting concerning the wildly varied settings of those in this thread. On my previous Zeb Charger R, RS recommended 78psi, -13rbd. On the 2023, RS recommended 83psi, -8rbd. I realize they are technically different forks, but I wonder if there’s that big a difference between the Select, +, Ultimate, etc.

I'm struggling in getting my 2023 Zeb to full travel of 170. Without me on it, it's sitting at 158-160mm. Do you think a lower service would help? Fork is 2 months old.

Posted: Apr 1, 2023 at 9:23 Quote
Turn the bike upside down, take the front the wheel off, stand on the bar and pull the lowers up by the arch. Probably hear a slurp sound as they pull to full extension. Air shaft will be greased too heavily.

Might need the lowers taking off if the problem persists.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2023 at 15:10 Quote
I had a similar problem to many others in this thread it looks like. I'm around 95kg/210lbs and was running around 62 PSI vs. the recommended 75 PSI. Thought I was losing my mind on my setup and how the fork was feeling as I usually run more PSI and less compression than recommended. I ended up taking all the air out of the fork and then while holding both bleed ports push the fork down with my chest to try to get all the rest of the air that was built up out. Then pumped it back up, equalizing every 10 PSI for precautions. Fork is finally back to normal and I am back to recommended PSI!

O+
Posted: May 28, 2023 at 5:27 Quote
Currently 198.4lbs… riding a Santacruz Megatower v1 with Zeb ultimate 170mm v1.

Noticed I wasn’t using most of my travel.. took out the token and I’m currently running it 71psi.. HSC full open LSC 5 back from full open… Rebound set at 9 clicks.

I know it comes down to what level a rider you are.. I’d say I was on the lighter end of aggressive, like to let off on the rocky stuff but still try to keep it smooth.

I’ve tried a few different set up and still haven’t found anything I was happy with.

Has anyone found the settings to top all settings….. the magic carpet that with defeat any trail that comes in its way!?
Or does it just boil down to riders preferences?

Wish Rockshox would do a series with three or four riders… different styles…. Different abilities and take them to different trails and walk through their set up…

O+
Posted: May 28, 2023 at 9:13 Quote
What's wrong with your current setup?

O+
Posted: May 28, 2023 at 10:11 Quote
sdaly wrote:
What's wrong with your current setup?

Kinda feels like it dives under braking.. any suggestions?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028235
Mobile Version of Website