Powered by Outside

Anyone have the Diamondback Release 3 29?

PB Forum :: Diamondback
Anyone have the Diamondback Release 3 29?

Author Message
O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
Hey all,

Is anyone running this bike? If so, what are your thoughts?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 22:38 Quote
I ride a Release 29 2. One step down from the 3 in terms of components but otherwise the same bike. I like it. It’s my first 29er and my first entry into the sport in over a decade. It’s heavy (but so am I). Everything works and it’s a solid value. Biggest weakness component wise is the stock rims. They’re generally fine and come tubeless ready, but I’ve been getting loose spokes after almost every ride, and even lost a nipple in the rim during a ride. I just keep an eye on it. Also the pivots were not fully torqued down from the factory so just check that. Otherwise I’m riding the heck out of it in the PNW until I can upgrade to a Transition next year. Hope that helps.
Cheers
F

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 5:23 Quote
I have both a 29 3 and a 29 2. Agreed, bike is heavy, but handles fine. I also have a better wheelset on the way for one of them. Pivots need extra attention as they tend to get creeks and can be a little tedious. My biggest gripe is QC issues and poor customer service from DB. Bang for your buck looks really good with discount codes/coupons, but I'll be looking elsewhere for my next bike FWIW.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007194
Mobile Version of Website