Added a bunch of local MTB trails, received: "Reject vote message: Route not a trail", I am new, what did I do wrong

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Added a bunch of local MTB trails, received: "Reject vote message: Route not a trail", I am new, what did I do wrong
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 0:23 Quote
Please bare with me, I am new to Trailforks.

I wanted to contribute some local not yet included MTB trails, after uploading these the reviewer responded with:
"Reject vote message: Route not a trail"

There is no other information included in the review, the reviewer lives on the other side of the planet so I doubt the reviewer has more knowledge about the trail than I do so I suspect the trail was rejected on some other grounds.

What is my next move?

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
Basically trailforks guidelines say when new trails are added they should be a single trail and not multiple trails linked together. A trail should also never generally follow another pre-existing trail that has already been submitted.

Without seeing the trails that were rejected its a bit hard to say exactly what the problem was but my guess is you uploaded a complete ride that spans multiple trails and not a trail-by-trail upload of a trail network.

If this was the case you can break down your ride and make multiple trails out of it, or hand draw the trails using the editor tool.

If this was not the case and you really believe that it was on single trail you can try re-uploading it making sure there were no errors listed when you submit it (red bar at the top saying something about bad GPS C1) and hope it gets through.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008270
Mobile Version of Website