ISO DB8 derailuer hangers

PB Forum :: Diamondback
ISO DB8 derailuer hangers
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 16:25 Quote
Hello db owners

Recently purchased a nos db8 dh frame, I am struggling to source replacement derailuer hangers for it. Any help greatly appreciated, hanger type uses 12mm thru axle and a single mounting bolt.

Thank you

FL
Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
Is the deraileur hanger bent/broken or missing all together? If your's is missing I'll go take a look at mine sometime and let you know what it looks like and any parts marks on it. If you have a damaged one then I don't know anything that you don't know yourself.

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 11:48 Quote

I’ve spoken with all these manufacturers in addition to race ti and pilo; no one is reproducing these hangers

Any other owners with a hanger they could share with me?

Thanks all

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
Silly question maybe - did you try Diamondback themselves?

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 5:56 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Silly question maybe - did you try Diamondback themselves?

Yup I have; we’ve been emailing for weeks now. They’ve atleast communicated a little bit with me but it seems like I’m pulling teeth. Apparently they are unable to provide me with any hangers as they don’t have any hangers themselves to provide....

I don’t think I’ll ever purchase such a small production batch frame again no Matter how much I like it Or people rave about it. The customer support just isn’t there and that sucks to learn the hard way. I do understand the frame is five years old but I have many bikes much much older I’m still easily sourcing specific frame parts for.

At this time any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 14:45 Quote
Just wanted to end this thread with my solution if any other DB owners come into this problem

weeks of back and forth with DB they somehow were able to find a hanger for me; big thumbs up to the rep nathaniel who made it happen

with that being said these are hens teeth and apparently they may not have any left to sell, so if you have a db8, best to take care of what you got

i hope to duplicate it and have some replacements made as i finally got to test my db8 at my local park and it shreds

cheers all and thanks to the other owners who commented

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
Good idea to get some replacements made. Probably other owners needing them also.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 19:36 Quote
How do you get replacements made?

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
I’m planning to find a machinist who can work with me to make a small batch of these. I think there could be an opportunity to share with other owners once I can prepare some

Mod
Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
letstossgrenades wrote:
I’m planning to find a machinist who can work with me to make a small batch of these. I think there could be an opportunity to share with other owners once I can prepare some
old thread, but i bought mine used from a guy who never rode it and he still had the spare hanger so i might get one or two machined

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010526
Mobile Version of Website