Rockshox Reverb Stealth Dropper Post issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rockshox Reverb Stealth Dropper Post issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
Okay I left for my ride and went to press the lever to raise my seat and she wont go up. I tried to manually pull it up when the lever was pressed and she didn't want to stay up, the post went back to its starting position. It was almost like something was dragging her back down. Any ideas on a starting point before I spend the money to get it serviced.

Much appreciated.

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
You can't just pull a dropper post up and expect it to stay up. Pulling it up creates a vacuum which will just suck it back down. That's normal.

Being a Reverb, chances are your remote needs a bleed. Air in the line would cause the remote not to activate the valve to drop/raise the post.

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
[Quote="the-one1"]You can't just pull a dropper post up and expect it to stay up. Pulling it up creates a vacuum which will just suck it back down. That's normal.

Thank you, I will give it a go when I get home.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 5:19 Quote
Depending on if this is an early reverb or a newer one you may not want to waste any money on a service. I am not super familiar with the newer reverbs, but the old ones are notorious for needing expensive maintenance quite often.

Oneup, PNW, and about 4 other brands make posts that are more reliable, easier to maintain, have a lower stack height, and longer drop.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
If your reverb lever has an adjuster to adjust the speed that it returns, turn it to the fastest setting. In colder temps if the adjustment is set too slow it will not actuate the post and it won't return. This is free to try and might fix your problem.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 11:52 Quote
spoo wrote:
If your reverb lever has an adjuster to adjust the speed that it returns, turn it to the fastest setting. In colder temps if the adjustment is set too slow it will not actuate the post and it won't return. This is free to try and might fix your problem.

Thanks everyone for the help, I flushed the lines to remove the air and adjust the speed and she works.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
Hello

My Reverb Stealth only work on the "slow" setting. If I turn the knob to make it faster, the post locks.

Air pressure is at 250 psi.

I just did a full fresh bleed, no success.

Nothing seems wrong with the push button "lever" under the rubber accordion.

Many thanks for the help.

Cheers

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 0:47 Quote
luvtrailrunning wrote:
Hello

My Reverb Stealth only work on the "slow" setting. If I turn the knob to make it faster, the post locks.

Air pressure is at 250 psi.

I just did a full fresh bleed, no success.

Nothing seems wrong with the push button "lever" under the rubber accordion.

Many thanks for the help.

Cheers

Check that the seatpost clamp doesn't affect the action: try it with it undone.
Sometimes too tight can cause it to be slow or to stick.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010323
Mobile Version of Website