next genius overhaul?

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
next genius overhaul?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
genius geo is getting dated. anyone any ideas when it will get a full makeover with new geo?

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 10:43 Quote
notnew wrote:
genius geo is getting dated. anyone any ideas when it will get a full makeover with new geo?

Been wanting to know this as well. Geniuses look so amazing, but yeah.... geo seems to be getting dated.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2020 at 0:14 Quote
What's dated about the geo? Could you enlighten me? HA is 65, SA is 75 i think.

Thanks

Posted: Dec 19, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
kooks55 wrote:
What's dated about the geo? Could you enlighten me? HA is 65, SA is 75 i think.

Thanks

From what I can tell, people mainly are talking about the seat tube angle. Looking at it more, it really doesn't seem that dated to me, unless there are other frame geo considerations I'm missing. *shrugs*

Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
reach is a bit short.
stack is low.
the kink in seat tube, combined with low stack, makes the real saddle position further back than the latest geos.

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 6:01 Quote
notnew wrote:
reach is a bit short.
stack is low.
the kink in seat tube, combined with low stack, makes the real saddle position further back than the latest geos.

If the saddle position was any more forward you wouldn't be able to get proper seating position with the front of the knees over the pedal spindles. I can barely achieve this as it is.

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 20:13 Quote
Change out the bars and move the seat where you feel it’s comfortable. You can spend less than $200 and have the modern geometry you seek.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
notnew wrote:

Probably the year after the Spark gets an update

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012655
Mobile Version of Website