Rx Riding Glasses

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
Couldn't find the right forum to post this on some I'm going to try here since this is the riding I do most of the time. I wear RX glasses for driving and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for Rx frames for riding. A buddy owns some Smith Tactical frames but dealers are hard to come by so I'm looking for other options. Thanks.

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 11:31 Quote
I like my Nike frames. Might end up with Oakley for my next pair. Sad thing is both companies are anti-American. What you going to do though?

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
beirge294 wrote:
Couldn't find the right forum to post this on some I'm going to try here since this is the riding I do most of the time. I wear RX glasses for driving and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for Rx frames for riding. A buddy owns some Smith Tactical frames but dealers are hard to come by so I'm looking for other options. Thanks.

I haven't any personal experience with them, but saw the website www.roka.com the other day. Potentially worth a look.

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
Thanks for the replies. I'll check them both out.

Mod
Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
Roka is great, got a pair last month. conditions dependent I use contacts or those. Roka's have been very secure so far and are not too heavy on the face.

Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
Depending on your prescription, you could look at Gatorz glasses. They're CNC'd from billet and they are strong as can be. They work well for riding and have never fallen off or even come loose no matter how rough it gets.

Gatorz has gone crazy right-wing, thin-blue-line type since I started using them, which was 20 years ago, so that may be either a turn-off or turn-on point for you.

Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
Snake-Plisskin wrote:
I like my Nike frames. Might end up with Oakley for my next pair. Sad thing is both companies are anti-American. What you going to do though?

Don't drag your shitty and outright rediculous political claims in here. Especially referring to Oakley you can't be much more of an "American" company ("American" in reference to the United States since America is actually a continent and not a country). Besides the OP is from Canada.

I use contacts so don't have any prescription sunglasses. With that being said I've tried a ton of sunglass brands for a variety of activities and I keep coming back to Oakley. They are expensive but the lenses are perfection.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 5:51 Quote
I'm not sure how available they are in Canada but I have Costa Del Mar RX sunglasses and absolutely love them. The company markets toward the fishing crowd not the biking crowd so you don't see them mentioned around here but I'm happy with mine.

https://www.costadelmar.com/en-us/prescription-sunglasses

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008693
Mobile Version of Website