Powered by Outside

Vitus mythique 29 vrx vs....

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Vitus mythique 29 vrx vs....

Author Message
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 4:18 Quote
I hope this is the right place to post...

I have recently got back into mountain biking and I'm on my old '04 Specialized Rockhopper pro. I've noticed things have moved on quite a bit since then and I would like to get a new full suspension bike (when there is any in stock in the UK!)

I ride mainly around the Midlands (Cannock, Thetford, Woburn , Chicksands) so I would need one capable of handling that.

I am looking to spend around £2000. At this price point I have boiled it down to Stumpjumper, Fuel Ex 5, and the Vitus Mythique VRX.

As far as I can tell the Vitus gives so much more bang for buck regarding components, mainly the fact that it comes with a marzocchi bomber z2.

Can anyone give me any reason why I might want to go with the other models I have mentioned, or can anyone suggest any others to consider?

Thanks in advance for your help

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 6:40 Quote
Oldncold wrote:
I hope this is the right place to post...

I have recently got back into mountain biking and I'm on my old '04 Specialized Rockhopper pro. I've noticed things have moved on quite a bit since then and I would like to get a new full suspension bike (when there is any in stock in the UK!)

I ride mainly around the Midlands (Cannock, Thetford, Woburn , Chicksands) so I would need one capable of handling that.

I am looking to spend around £2000. At this price point I have boiled it down to Stumpjumper, Fuel Ex 5, and the Vitus Mythique VRX.

As far as I can tell the Vitus gives so much more bang for buck regarding components, mainly the fact that it comes with a marzocchi bomber z2.

Can anyone give me any reason why I might want to go with the other models I have mentioned, or can anyone suggest any others to consider?

Thanks in advance for your help
I have a vrx and it is really good the only thing that isn’t brilliant are the rims they are softer than butter but if you have just got back into riding or are very smooth (if you know what I mean) they will be fine. The suspension is quality for the amount of money you pay and so is the drivetrain.

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 8:31 Quote
Thanks for the advice!

I'm struggling to find a reason not to go for the Vitus to be honest , with regards to the rims I run quite a high tyre pressure so I don't think it will be an issue

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 12:32 Quote
Oldncold wrote:
Thanks for the advice!

I'm struggling to find a reason not to go for the Vitus to be honest , with regards to the rims I run quite a high tyre pressure so I don't think it will be an issue
next time it’s in stock I would get one the seat angle isn’t brilliant either but if you slam it forward on the rails it’s fine

FL
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
While looking at the mythique it’s definitely worth looking at the new escarpe. The cheapest version falls into your price range. Carbon frame, Deore groupset, bit more travel and slightly more aggressive geometry. Escarpes have always been fantastic all rounders with great value for money.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 3:41 Quote
Hmmm that is food for thought the geo does look more my style on the escarpe. Here's hoping somewhere gets them in stock this year!

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008235
Mobile Version of Website