Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
-Miserys-Crown- wrote:
eblackwell wrote:
Where are these Applewood jumps?
-Miserys-Crown- wrote:
Theres a promising place repairing DJs in Applewood, if anyone would be down for fixing them up when the snow totally clears

Near the 7-11, its a huge mound of dirt and grass, with a mini bmx track on it

Where in the city is applewood and how big are these jumps?

Also, did you get your name from a dark tranquility song?

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
rick88 wrote:
-Miserys-Crown- wrote:
eblackwell wrote:
Where are these Applewood jumps?

Near the 7-11, its a huge mound of dirt and grass, with a mini bmx track on it

Where in the city is applewood and how big are these jumps?

Also, did you get your name from a dark tranquility song?

Applewood is near Forest Lawn. The jumps aren't very big, but with some work they could be awesome. And yes, I did get my name from a Dark Tranquility song haha

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
schwing wrote:
mulletator wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be fat tire races at COP this year?
The COP website says there will be one in March.
COP

well, I imagine if it says there will be then they're planning on it...
oh shit, it's a day after I turn 20, lame.

tim! that sounds like an excuse to be drunk and disorderly at the snow races!

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
mikeyybro wrote:
schwing wrote:
mulletator wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be fat tire races at COP this year?
The COP website says there will be one in March.
COP

Isn't that the only way to race? lol

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
mikeyybro wrote:
schwing wrote:

as far as i know.
hahah

FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 18:57 Quote
Next year someone really needs to maintain the jumps at COP cause' they just get beat up and so shitty and the landing and lips get hard as rock! it makes me afraid to try shit on them

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
mikeyybro wrote:
calgaryrider wrote:
mikeyybro wrote:

as far as i know.
hahah

ahahaha
ya know it!

Mod
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
eblackwell wrote:
Next year someone really needs to maintain the jumps at COP cause' they just get beat up and so shitty and the landing and lips get hard as rock! it makes me afraid to try shit on them
It's because COP is over ridden and there are too many "amateurs" there that rather than jumping the DJs roll the jumps therefore, destroying them. As well, these same kids more than likely hold their brakes and skid and rut out the runs making them in poor condition for all the other riders. I have decreased how much I ride there as maintenance does get done but there are too many people that ride there and do destructive things to the trails. Better trail etiquette from all the riders would preserve the conditions for all.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
eblackwell wrote:
It's because COP is over ridden and there are too many "amateurs" there that rather than jumping the DJs roll the jumps therefore, destroying them. As well, these same kids more than likely hold their brakes and skid and rut out the runs making them in poor condition for all the other riders. I have decreased how much I ride there as maintenance does get done but there are too many people that ride there and do destructive things to the trails. Better trail etiquette from all the riders would preserve the conditions for all.

ahaha no kidding
The moral of the story kiddies is learn yo shit!
I don't know how many times I've almost creamed retards standing in the middle of the trail. Etiquette son!

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
schwing wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
eblackwell wrote:

ahaha no kidding
The moral of the story kiddies is learn yo shit!
I don't know how many times I've almost creamed retards standing in the middle of the trail. Etiquette son!

preach that shit!
cop sucks balls

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 11:01 Quote
trail etiquette is one thing, but more maintenance is required for sure, the downhill receives so little attention. I'm considering signing up for the trail crew just so something decent gets built and it actually gets worked on.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 11:03 Quote
word on the street is they're planning on taking out almost all of the wood stunts and replacing everything with trails that acually flow.
at least that what the plan is. i have no idea if it will happen.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
mikeyybro wrote:
word on the street is they're planning on taking out almost all of the wood stunts and replacing everything with trails that acually flow.
at least that what the plan is. i have no idea if it will happen.
i doupt they'd take out the stunts.. maybe lantern and some of the little drops but teh big stuff wont go any were

Mod
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
trail etiquette is one thing, but more maintenance is required for sure, the downhill receives so little attention. I'm considering signing up for the trail crew just so something decent gets built and it actually gets worked on.
I understand what you are saying but for the most part, the course will always stay the same as there is not enough room to expand and the season is too short to drastically change it. As it is, it is hard to believe that the DH course actually flows and gets you to the bottom as you are all over the place. I think my main problem with the course has to deal with the upper section when it starts and then hooks up to Monkey Poo or whatever it is called. The dirt they use is garbage as it is very loose and rocky making it a tad slippery for my liking along with a sketch section. Do you remember that chunk of concrete that was placed over the “ravine” right before you enter the mid section of the course by the Bobsleigh track? I mean what the hell are they thinking?

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
Well, the track at its current state isn't that bad, and has a lot of potential to be fun if they change a few things, like that hip to triple was a disaster, I'd like to see the hip to be a giant burm sending you into a nice coaster jump with endless tranny, the new section to replace drop'n in wasn't bad, but the first mound of dirt thats supposed to be a jump should be taken out, it does shit all except slow you down, the second one would be good if the launch had any actual lip, third one is all right, except few people actually hit it, maybe just take out the gap and make the entire hill a tranny.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032310
Mobile Version of Website