Worth getting a new bike? If so, what?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Worth getting a new bike? If so, what?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 13:27 Quote
Well. Currently, I am riding a painfully dodgy Shockwave XT650 (!!!), which i got as a christmas present. Kinda just to get me into riding. It has done its job, i suppose, which leaves me wondering whether it is worth getting a new bike. I know most of you will think that if its crap, get a new one, but the thing is, I'm not actually that good. On a scale of 1-10 im probably bout a 4 or a 5? Maybe a 3. I dunno. But the point is, if i get a new bike, it might be me just being spoilt and wasting my money on something i dont need.
There is always the option of just doing up my current bike, but, y'know... is it worth it. I mean, it doesnt go into 1st, the brakes squeak and barely work, i bottomed out the forks by dropping off a damn kerb! My income is about £4-£8 a week, plus £59 pounds that i have leftover from my birthday. PLease help me decide whether i should buy a new one. I really am stuck...
Josh.
P.S sorry for the bad grammar, I'm pretty tired...

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 13:29 Quote
New forks if anything ^_^ And i hate the bars on that aswell.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 13:34 Quote
Yeah, its well to heavy for a "dirtjump" bike...

FL
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 13:41 Quote
i dunno, i was killing my old hardrock, but i got a bighit for my birthday one, and my riding improved so much, even if you arent stellar right now, the better your ride the easier it is to get better.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 13:47 Quote
i wouldn't upgrade something like that, just save up for a real bike...i give you props for riding that though. i'd break in in like an hr

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 13:51 Quote
Aight then. Ill think of what to buy though

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 17:45 Quote
Joshenho wrote:
Aight then. Ill think of what to buy though

If your purchasing a new bike, remeber to try test riding the bike first, dont be afraid to buy a brand because people on here say that they suck with no proof. cough *kona doesnt "suck"*

Test ride, youll be happy

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 17:56 Quote
If i were you i'd get an inexpensive hardtail and then just ride that for a while!
Gary Fisher makes a good model its called the "opie" and it sells for about $520 canadian. Thats what im riding now ive just updated some of the parts on it and its great!Two-Face

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 8:27 Quote
Alright, thanks, I'll look into that opie Big Grin

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
Hmmm...Theres this frame my dad said he could get from work, and he doesnt know what it is or nothing, could look into that...

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 11:00 Quote
Get A Cove Sanchez they are the best i love it like i dont even know what to say about them!!!Pimp

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 16:33 Quote
i know diamond back isn't the greatest brand but I've been riding a DB response sport and its a fairly decent hard tail, pretty light and good for dj and all around riding, only thing i would change on it is the stock stem cause its pretty heavy, and possibly the fork,I've been riding the stock one and its worked pretty well

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 16:34 Quote
^^^ only runs for about 350 or so USD

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 14:37 Quote
Hmm, yeah diamond back...
Someone who lives near me has a DB bmx, says its really good. I'll look into that also.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011535
Mobile Version of Website